Taral XE [Discussion]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

pijakus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 6, 2011
Poland
people waited so long for Taral and got one big **** ... 0 balanced . we won't get the cave for the next 2 years . The game ends at lvl 100

Guccci

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
people waited so long for Taral and got one big **** ... 0 balanced . we won't get the cave for the next 2 years . The game ends at lvl 100
Yea, unfortunately the release was just really rushed... The owner was told by so many different people in Beta that classes were majorly unbalanced, don't really see the point in having a Beta at all if you are not gonna listen to feedback. Its a shame, because the server had alot of potential... Its by far the most unbalanced server i ever played though, a summoner has 15 pets with 5000 dc, yet a level 100 warrior has 1100 dc.

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
Work on balancing is ongoing daily.
what cave?
There is a quest line to go past level 100.
We also have a hugely active discord server.

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
wrong thread, but since there isn't one for Taral specifically yet I'll reply here.

Information about both the Ascension System (which takes your character from lv100 > lv150 via a questline and information on instances that provide additional challenges at higher levels can be found here > https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/taral-xe-pvp.110577/

Plenty of ongoing development going on, balancing is always an ongoing project, and will no doubt continue to be for the duration of the project.

Discord is very active and we have a suggestions, feedback, and bug report section that is actively monitored. https://discord.com/channels/707603153503387719/1089129830966112307

pijakus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 6, 2011
Poland
waste of time ... this server should be called Bug not Taral or phoenix ... I've never seen a server as broken as this one ...
give it a few days and it will be online 10 user ... they can't do anything normal

tha4thface

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2009
CheekyVimto is an OG! He’s far from an amateur. Whatever the problem is I’m 100% sure he’s cracking on with endless lines of codes. Be patient…it’s not like there’s anything else to play.

pijakus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 6, 2011
Poland
can't fix anything since beta... that says a lot about them where is his team? xD

checkra1n

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 30, 2006
Been playing Taral server since it got live. Though I should give my feed back on this server.

Server is fun to play, with good user count. Exp and drops are balanced. With new class Summoner, its more fun to play and explore new skills. Heroic maps make this server more special as you get rewarded with heroic items with good status. Alot of new maps to hunt and much more to come. Best of all server is NOT p2p win.

@CheekyVimto is trying his level best to make things balanced. Still there are few things which needs concern for which he is looking after them.

I will just say keep the good work @CheekyVimto

/Inferno

Ohnozircon

LOMCN Member
Oct 12, 2020
this server had so much promise, and at one point was over 100 users on a regular basis. The fact its now sitting at below 20 most of the time goes to show that the playerbase were right when they were saying X was wrong or Y needed changing.

such a shame really

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
this server had so much promise, and at one point was over 100 users on a regular basis. The fact its now sitting at below 20 most of the time goes to show that the playerbase were right when they were saying X was wrong or Y needed changing.

such a shame really

Server had/has potential but as you said stuff needed/needs changing luckily Andy and his team are still working to fix all the issues once that is done I'd advise him to fine tune PVP, create new content and wipe with a relaunch.

If all the issues are resolved and pvp had balance and their was new content I could see a lot of people giving the server another try, I know I would he isn't in it for the money like a lot of owner are/have been so that earns him a lot of respect from myself and probably a good deal of the community on here.

Anyway until PVP is fine tuned for his server and the few remaining issues resolved I'd imagen UC will slowly decline for a good while yet.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Of course, there are still some things to do on this server, but that takes time. Be glad that Jamie has created the possibility to play client/server or build your own with more possibilities.

@CheekyVimto : I think some things are really cool. There are also things where I had to swallow to first look through but these are mostly fine-tuning but unfortunately also need time.

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Of course, there are still some things to do on this server, but that takes time. Be glad that Jamie has created the possibility to play client/server or build your own with more possibilities.

@CheekyVimto : I think some things are really cool. There are also things where I had to swallow to first look through but these are mostly fine-tuning but unfortunately also need time.
long time no see Coly :)

Reactions: Coly

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
It was very unbalanced and would need a overhaul to even be worth starting, hopefully its all done properly, back in the day these were very good servers,

Last edited: