Bruteforce phone pin

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Does anybody know of trusted and working ways to do this? My company uses soti/mobi control to manager our mobile devices which disables a lot of features. If a user forgets their pin and restarts the phone the phone becomes a brick and we have no way of getting it formatted or anything.

If we could bruteforce the pin, we could save alot of money.

Any suggestions please?

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
It depends on the phone's OS version if you are trying to brute force any Apple device, Good luck.

I was arrested a long time ago (I didn't do anything wrong) and the police took my phone, I made it very clear to them when they took it that they won't be able to bypass the 6-digit pin and they failed to do so.
It's also worth noting that there was a case a few years back where the FBI contacted Apple as they were trying to access someone's phone and Apple themselves said "We can not bypass the pin in any way, If we put a backdoor in for us to get access then what is there to stop hackers using the same backdoor"

3u Tools might be able to help you. It's a bit of software I use to look at more info about my phone and Its components.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Does anybody know of trusted and working ways to do this? My company uses soti/mobi control to manager our mobile devices which disables a lot of features. If a user forgets their pin and restarts the phone the phone becomes a brick and we have no way of getting it formatted or anything.

Any suggestions please?
There's no remote wipe option?
They might want to look into a better MDM Solution.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Any suggestions please?
That's wild why not speak to the MDM company about this?

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
For our Ipads/Iphones we use iOS Device management profiles and microsoft company portal. Then the iOS accounts are your own so if you forget you can always just reset it.
Not really any monitoring used its just to access company applications and for decryption.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
There's no remote wipe option?
They might want to look into a better MDM Solution.
The issue is, once the phone is turned off, it needs to be unlocked for the application to be boot up and be able to connect.
Post automatically merged:

I think we are going to somewhere else to be honest called intune or something

That's wild why not speak to the MDM company about this?
We did and so have other companies. I'm not part of the team who deals with the 3rd party tool we use. Just trying to figure out how we can unbrick the hundreds of phones we currently have lol

For our Ipads/Iphones we use iOS Device management profiles and microsoft company portal. Then the iOS accounts are your own so if you forget you can always just reset it.
Not really any monitoring used its just to access company applications and for decryption.
Yeah i remember looking in to this but for some reason which i can't remember, it wasn't a viable option. We use mainly android, maybe that's why.

It depends on the phone's OS version if you are trying to brute force any Apple device, Good luck.

I was arrested a long time ago (I didn't do anything wrong) and the police took my phone, I made it very clear to them when they took it that they won't be able to bypass the 6-digit pin and they failed to do so.
It's also worth noting that there was a case a few years back where the FBI contacted Apple as they were trying to access someone's phone and Apple themselves said "We can not bypass the pin in any way, If we put a backdoor in for us to get access then what is there to stop hackers using the same backdoor"

3u Tools might be able to help you. It's a bit of software I use to look at more info about my phone and Its components.
Its purely for android. We don't really use iphones

Last edited:
Reactions: Jev

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Where I work used to have iphones and now we are on motorola.

If the PIN is entered incorrect too many times, the device automatically wipes.

Sounds like an interesting method. Maybe you should get into Security.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Where I work used to have iphones and now we are on motorola.

If the PIN is entered incorrect too many times, the device automatically wipes.

Sounds like an interesting method. Maybe you should get into Security.
We can't have auto wipe or even wipe enabled/possible from the lock screen etc to avoid drivers from potentially stealing the phones. Once it is unenrolled from our tool via a wipe we can no longer track it or know who it was with in the first place. Many things I would change but yeah.. I'm not part of the team

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
How about buying some cheap older phones that would still work just fine for what they are supposed to be used? Every crimi film talks about so called burner phones, those you buy in a bulk at a corner shop and throw them away after each use? It would come even cheaper since you wouldn't be throwing them away.

What you need is phones that pple wouldn't care about stealing them because they wouldn't have gazillions of features on them like a desktop computer. I still have some ten or more years old nokia phone that has buttons and display you can cover with your thumb and for calling it still does the job just fine.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
The issue is, once the phone is turned off, it needs to be unlocked for the application to be boot up and be able to connect.

We did and so have other companies. I'm not part of the team who deals with the 3rd party tool we use. Just trying to figure out how we can unbrick the hundreds of phones we currently have lol

Yeah i remember looking in to this but for some reason which i can't remember, it wasn't a viable option. We use mainly android, maybe that's why.

Sounds like a shoddy piece of software to me.
Loads on the market, if you use O365 already for email, teams etc then it might be worth looking into Intune.

Happy for you to PM me if you want, I can get some of our experts on a call with you/your peers.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums

Yeah intune is the microsoft solution we use for software distribution it works great

Reactions: Omnibus

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Loads on the market, if you use O365 already for email, teams etc then it might be worth looking into Intune.

Happy for you to PM me if you want, I can get some of our experts on a call with you/your peers.
Yeah intune is best for managing those type of issues.

Last time I worked with intune, I think for Iphones when you reset password it would wipe the phone as well If the user tried too many times the wrong passcode.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury

We're getting intune setup as we speak. Fortunately we've got quite a big testing opportunity as well for it as we are opening a branch up in Portugal and can load the hardware operating system remotely

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
We're getting intune setup as we speak. Fortunately we've got quite a big testing opportunity as well for it as we are opening a branch up in Portugal and can load the hardware operating system remotely
Remember when that was started at where I work.

Gone are the days where you send an unlock command to a user's Windows phone.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Reactions: PoPcOrN