Mir 4 Dev Log

Join Discord

nxwile

LOMCN Rookie
Dec 29, 2023
We are in the process of testing some other client versions to see what will get us closer to the create char/enter game screen. We are currently stuck here: (This is after logging in to an account)

View attachment 34069

Still a few clients to test so only thing I think we could ask for would be. Does anyone have any clients from 2019/2020 this would be before Global introduced NFTs as our code has 0 references to the NFT System.
I don't think I have such an old account, I remember that I have a few NFT accounts and Mir4 accounts from 2021, but of course I need to check them and find them, I may have a few friends with older accounts, I will definitely consult them about this issue and try to support them in this matter. By the way, the progress looks great, at least there seems to be a few basic steps left, I guess that after these steps are completed, the remaining gaps will be much simpler. Your work is great!

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Small update:

-Readme
-Updated with more info.

-Mir 4 Client Launcher

-Slideshow removed and replaced with a WebView2, this will allow for more flexability for displaying content directly on the launcher.
-Settings Form now displays Account ID/Password for both Client's sav files. (Not editable currently) wouldn’t have been possible without the help from @knives <3

View // View Release v0.8

AngelRaguel

LOMCN Leecher
Feb 27, 2024
verry nice work everyone who is working on this project , i readed the whole treath this night its realy amazing how fast all is going , when there is a test server ready let it know it should be a honor to be a beta tester

i am currently still playing on rogue and global but i dont like the pay2win and pvp part
so my heart was almost exploding when i readed you guys developing a server when its done i can finaly run mir4 privatly just for myself

forever love to all devs:love:

lucasrp

LOMCN Leecher
Feb 16, 2024
Small update:

-Readme
-Updated with more info.

-Mir 4 Client Launcher

-Slideshow removed and replaced with a WebView2, this will allow for more flexability for displaying content directly on the launcher.
-Settings Form now displays Account ID/Password for both Client's sav files. (Not editable currently) wouldn’t have been possible without the help from @knives <3

View // View Release v0.8
Is there any way to help with the development?

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
Is there any way to help with the development?
You can help with the current, it needs updating in order to read the save file which is a GVAS file, there are utilities out there that currently do it but the ones that work are not open source.

the open source ones generally fail when reading the headers.

im not the best coder and i wasnt sure how to work it out. i opted to read the GVAS file as byta data to pull the username /password strings out, and i also have code that can re inject new strings for usernames and passwords, how ever when i did this the game wouldnt load using the save files. so i know for sure it didnt like it.

in terms of other stuff im not sure what he needs help with only jev can answer that

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
You can help with the current, it needs updating in order to read the save file which is a GVAS file, there are utilities out there that currently do it but the ones that work are not open source.

im not the best coder and i wasnt sure how to work it out. i opted to read the GVAS file as byta data to pull the username /password strings out, and i also have code that can re inject new strings for usernames and passwords, how ever when i did this the game wouldnt load using the save files. so i know for sure it didnt like it.

in terms of other stuff im not sure what he needs help with only jev can answer that
The Client Launcher is open source currently so that if anyone wants to contribute in anyway that could help us, that would be the way to do it.

I'm actually looking at locating some Mir 4 Bots as most of these come with built in auto login features which would have the code logic behind reading and writing the contents of the sav files. Be good to have a "Auto Login" checkbox to the client launcher.

yangboy

LOMCN n00bie
Feb 11, 2024
The Client Launcher is open source currently so that if anyone wants to contribute in anyway that could help us, that would be the way to do it.

I'm actually looking at locating some Mir 4 Bots as most of these come with built in auto login features which would have the code logic behind reading and writing the contents of the sav files. Be good to have a "Auto Login" checkbox to the client launcher.
I create a new pull request, you can read and editor gvas file.

lucasrp

LOMCN Leecher
Feb 16, 2024

Can I have some of these GVAS save files as sample? Since I don't currently have the game installed.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Mir 4 Bots? Do you want to use this simulated login?
A bot will help us with three things:

1. Analyze the logic behind auto login (I'd like to add a auto login checkbox to the Mir 4 Launcher)
2. Use the bot to stress test our servers when we have them working 100% (Prevent downtime and locate areas needing adjustments)
3. Find a way to prevent bots or limit them.

naustagic

LOMCN n00bie
Feb 8, 2024
Mir 4 Bots? Do you want to use this simulated login?
I believe what Jev referred to is the fact that some script bots had a function to save/read files from the game's save, so he could see how it worked and apply it to his code.
I'm referring to auto-login, where multi-window bots save login credentials for each access, so you don't have to manually log in to 50 accounts every time you start the bot.

yangboy

LOMCN n00bie
Feb 11, 2024

1. Analyze the logic behind auto login (I'd like to add a auto login checkbox to the Mir 4 Launcher)
2. Use the bot to stress test our servers when we have them working 100% (Prevent downtime and locate areas needing adjustments)
:) I don't have any server information, so I can't give you any help.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
:) I don't have any server information, so I can't give you any help.
Yea so your PR was perfect and works exactly how it should, The only other thing inregards to the GVAS files are allowing the option to auto login on the Client launcher.

The user would press the checkbox and then when they press game start 1 for example it would auto login. I assume the state of the checkbox would need to be saved in the settings to allow for it to remember after closing and reopening the app.

Edit: I have added a AutoLogin Checkbox but obvisouly the logic isnt there just yet. View

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport

Good luck your going to need it.

Lots of ways to make running bots a next to pointless endeavour to prevent running loads of accounts to feed resouces into a main one, but even if you do that I dare say people will still run a couple of accounts to help in PVP.

If you do manage to limit it to 1 account per person though that would be a great step forward one wemade didn't even manage to do.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Good luck your going to need it.

Lots of ways to make running bots a next to pointless endeavour to prevent running loads of accounts to feed resouces into a main one, but even if you do that I dare say people will still run a couple of accounts to help in PVP.

If you do manage to limit it to 1 account per person though that would be a great step forward one wemade didn't even manage to do.
Currently we have two launch options on the launcher, this allows two accounts to be used, now there is an bypass method to use more client indexes (I won't say how for obvious reasons) but it's not hard to figure out, then the issue is. If i add a restriction on the Mir Launcher then it takes someone 2 minutes to go on github, download it and comment that part out.

The source already has tracking for IPs/Hardware IDs/Device ID so we could add a system that combines all of these to restrict multi accounts on the server side.

We have been looking at a bot that we have been sent and luckily it's C# so decompiling it was easy, looking through it currently but it looks like it's injecting dlls into the Client.exe itself.

yangboy

LOMCN n00bie
Feb 11, 2024
Currently we have two launch options on the launcher, this allows two accounts to be used, now there is an bypass method to use more client indexes (I won't say how for obvious reasons) but it's not hard to figure out, then the issue is. If i add a restriction on the Mir Launcher then it takes someone 2 minutes to go on github, download it and comment that part out.

The source already has tracking for IPs/Hardware IDs/Device ID so we could add a system that combines all of these to restrict multi accounts on the server side.

We have been looking at a bot that we have been sent and luckily it's C# so decompiling it was easy, looking through it currently but it looks like it's injecting dlls into the Client.exe itself.
Yes, To implement auto login, you must inject the client or hook socket and simulate sending login packet.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Yes, To implement auto login, you must inject the client or hook socket and simulate sending login packet.
I’d love to collab more if you want to, feel free to send me a discord message - JevLOMCN

Edit: We've also decided to scrap the auto login, the client already inputs the id and password anyway. Just press the log in button. It's a whole lot of code work for something the end user can do easily.

Reactions: hanibal67

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Update:

We are now at the Character Select Screen, The Error is telling us that the server side json files are missing data. In this case, it's the starter items the character is given when creating new characters that are causing the error. The source tells us exactly what the json needs to have, but obviously this is all a manual process and is going to take time. The second thing is that between the date of the source we have and when the client's were released, they switched to encrypting the packets. The encryption part has just been bypassed in the client.
Although the server source tells us the fields it wants to parse there is some trial and error involved with the values ect.

Just thought we'd give everyone an update.

1709306159260.png
1709306198125.png

A website for Registration is under way also, sneak peak below

1709307393528.png

naustagic

LOMCN n00bie
Feb 8, 2024
Wow, that's already a big step forward. Congratulations, @Jev, to you and everyone on the Team who contributed. I hope you all can make even more progress as quickly as possible. I wish I could understand the codes better so I could collaborate with you.

Reactions: Jev