Best way/place to learn how to code npc's for a Mir server?

Join Discord

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
Cant edit but the title should also read, how to code npc's,items,mobs etc every thing about a mir server -

Also I posted this in the wrong section, maybe the server help would of been more relevant, im a nob please delete :D

Well I have always wanted to get in to doing this, never managed to get around it. I have the funds etc to provide hosting as I have done in the past for some servers but I have never really tried coding npc's, quests, things in mir. I have a lot of ideas but would like to start with a basic DM2 server tbh (I been told its quiet difficult) I dabbled in VB maybe 10 years ago and played around with mIRC coding.

Just wondering, what is the best way to learn how to start developing a server? I have seen old 1.4 by smeagol and good things to read.

Any help or advise wanted please,

Thanks

Last edited:

wanabee

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 10, 2004
newbury
Cant edit but the title should also read, how to code npc's,items,mobs etc every thing about a mir server -

Also I posted this in the wrong section, maybe the server help would of been more relevant, im a nob please delete :D

Well I have always wanted to get in to doing this, never managed to get around it. I have the funds etc to provide hosting as I have done in the past for some servers but I have never really tried coding npc's, quests, things in mir. I have a lot of ideas but would like to start with a basic DM2 server tbh (I been told its quiet difficult) I dabbled in VB maybe 10 years ago and played around with mIRC coding.

Just wondering, what is the best way to learn how to start developing a server? I have seen old 1.4 by smeagol and good things to read.

Any help or advise wanted please,
Thanks

i think this is what you are after
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=29587