broadband speed test

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
got bored thaught id have a look at some speed tests came up with funny results and im not quite sure why, iam only on a 2mb connection atm waiting for llu to be enabled on my bt exchange so i can have an upgrade to 8mb but im getting these results atm and im abit confused as to why my speed is being shown as so high but i can only dl files at around 250kbs

test 1
speedtest4vm.jpg

test2
speedtest21wu.jpg

test3
speedtest34ic.jpg

does anyone know why iam getting speed test results like this but iam only on a 2mb connection ?

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
It depends what you are doing when you do the test (downloading, playing mir or what ever...), also they are not 100% accurate. I done on earlier, the first time it said i had 25.6mb connection, then the second time it said i had 768k -_-

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Cached files, if you've done the test in the past, it will be quicker the second time, thrid time etc.

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
Dataforce said:
Cached files, if you've done the test in the past, it will be quicker the second time, thrid time etc.

that would be the reason then i did do the test 3 or 4 times lol thaught my luck was in when those results came in lol, all the results were high tbh first one i did was the first screenie, ty for all your info peeps