Browser Time Machine - back to 2018

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
EE files advertised, probably by the original owner, was it Pete107?

Iceman was helping with the code on that Sanjian's thread 'Increasing Storage Size'... it opened up when I clicked 'go back' arrow...

Reactions: Jev

Robert

Actual Jesus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
As the Admin of Nostalgia I love this. I also want to know what @Martyn was having a little play with?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Haven't used vB for some time either haha
As the Admin of Nostalgia I love this. I also want to know what @Martyn was having a little play with?
was funny at the time, could see code that showed ping's were actually halved lol, people didn't fake user count they faked ping :P

shame about easymode though, seemed like a decent guy, Now he's building his own "version" with his own materials etc, "Dragon Legend Online"

1717795124603.png

Jev

LOMCN VIP
VIP
May 16, 2017
Job Centre Plus
Haven't used vB for some time either haha

was funny at the time, could see code that showed ping's were actually halved lol, people didn't fake user count they faked ping :P

shame about easymode though, seemed like a decent guy, Now he's building his own "version" with his own materials etc, "Dragon Legend Online"

View attachment 35084
His project looks really good, from my personal experience he doesn’t seem to like LOMCN nor any of its users very much.

Tragic really, could have been a really decent contributor to Mir and the community itself.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
His project looks really good, from my personal experience he doesn’t seem to like LOMCN nor any of its users very much.

Tragic really, could have been a really decent contributor to Mir and the community itself.

The guy was a prick who insulted every dev on lomcn. 6 years after saying he could do everything better, all he has is an array of incomplete “Mir but worse” projects.

Jev

LOMCN VIP
VIP
May 16, 2017
Job Centre Plus
The guy was a prick who insulted every dev on lomcn. 6 years after saying he could do everything better, all he has is an array of incomplete “Mir but worse” projects.
Yea I spoke with him regarding Mir 1 as he made a small emulation server that allowed you to use the native Mir 1 client to log in and be plonked down on a map.

He then moaned that his discord server that contained Korean players who according to him played the original server are using the source me and lcd released was crap because it’s built off Crystal.

They must have all been told to not help the open source project at all as no one was willing to reply directly to me unless it was something new I could give them. They are aware we want Mir 1 to match official as closely as possible and that they could be a massive help to that.

They prefer to run with the source and flip a finger at us. Sad times, we all wanted the same thing and could have collaborated.

• Sad
Reactions: mir2pion