Help client not loading

Join Discord

cataklyst

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 21, 2012
hi ive followed the crystal guide, my server.exe shows everything is loaded with no errors etc, as soon as i click client.exe i get the crystal mouse icon but no screen/window? only shows my desktop and doesnt load anything, ive got latest drivers, elite server works fine and made sure i had slimdx.dll and runtime etc all installed? many thanks

Attachments

• server.png
    server.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Error.txt
    99.1 KB · Views: 17

Nightvibes

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 4, 2019
Hi Ca
hi ive followed the crystal guide, my server.exe shows everything is loaded with no errors etc, as soon as i click client.exe i get the crystal mouse icon but no screen/window? only shows my desktop and doesnt load anything, ive got latest drivers, elite server works fine and made sure i had slimdx.dll and runtime etc all installed? many thanks
Try Using the following settings:

In your Client folder you should have a Mir2Test.ini file it could be named different depending your server files the Type of file is a (Configuration Settings)

[Graphics]
FullScreen=True
Borderless=True
MouseClip=False
AlwaysOnTop=True
FPSCap=True
Resolution=1024
DebugMode=False
UseMouseCursors=True

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The error says you're missing the required audio dll's.

You can find them all in the latest compiled release. Or if you compile it yourself, just make sure you copy all the dll's to your client folder

Reactions: Jev
Upvote 0

cataklyst

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 21, 2012
i downloaded the latest and run patcher not showing the audiofiles any where that show in the log, when i open source visual studio says .NET SDK does not support targeting .NET 7.0

Upvote 0

cataklyst

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 21, 2012
downloaded and installed still same errors
Post automatically merged:

The error says you're missing the required audio dll's.

You can find them all in the latest compiled release. Or if you compile it yourself, just make sure you copy all the dll's to your client folder
got the latest stable version but doesnt have any of those specified audio DLL's, i try opening the source in VS 2019 then tells me .NET doesnt target, i installed the .NET 7.0 and still has target issue, im not 100% on how to compile the stuff either :s

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
downloaded and installed still same errors

got the latest stable version but doesnt have any of those specified audio DLL's, i try opening the source in VS 2019 then tells me .NET doesnt target, i installed the .NET 7.0 and still has target issue, im not 100% on how to compile the stuff either :s
You must be downloading something different, because the latest release has all those audio files in them.

Just follow the instructions in my first post and that should fix your error.

Upvote 0

cataklyst

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 21, 2012
You must be downloading something different, because the latest release has all those audio files in them.

Just follow the instructions in my first post and that should fix your error.
downloaded from https://github.com/Suprcode/mir2/releases/tag/v2023.05.19.00 run client to download all of the files, copied client map into server maps, created map and start point, started server, load client.exe and then nothing happens afterwards just shows my desktop with the crystal mouse icon, have net 7.0 installed, web run installed and directx installed, graphics driver up to date

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
try deleting your errors.txt and running it again - then check what errors you have again.

Theres lots of tutorials on how to compile the source code, so maybe try that instead. It's possible theres a dll missing from the release, but looks okay to me.

Upvote 0

cataklyst

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 21, 2012
just done a video of how its all set up and what it does exactly, i deleted the log and started again with same issue as shown in vid

Upvote 0

grimchamp

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 16, 2005
NAudio cannot find an audio output to connect to. Is this running on a server? Do you have some form of audio output device connected? Speakers? Headset?

Edit: can you upload the latest error text as an attachment please?

Upvote 0

cataklyst

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 21, 2012
only my speakers connect and headset, not on a VM or anything just W10 standard

ok so figure out to how to compile the source code files from https://github.com/Suprcode/mir2/releases/tag/v2023.05.19.00 it ran the patcher again and i copied everything into the release folder to be sure and still same issue,

ok so ive done a video from start to finish of what happens, i noticed as i was patching i reached about 90% and had an error saying about guard package, i re-run client.exe and finished the patching
then heres the error log that follows from the fresh build, feel like im missing something so simple xD

Attachments

• Error.txt
    99.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Error.txt
    99.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Upvote 0

cataklyst

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 21, 2012
thats what i get when i run debug on visual studio for the client.exe

Attachments

• 1684949255778.png
    1684949255778.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 18
Upvote 0

cataklyst

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 21, 2012
thank you @grimchamp for helping, there is no specific answer other than a possible issue with my OS, i set up a server on my laptop that worked straight away, ill format my PC and try again and will edit this post with results

Upvote 0

grimchamp

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 16, 2005
To add;
Nnderlying problem is naudio cannot get any sound device info from OS apart from knowing that are 6 devices. Attempts to play or iterate through devices to get capabilities throws access error.

Upvote 0