Connecting to the Database using VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
this program is amazing thanks m8, i thought coz im a noob at stuff id find ithard but this is noob friendly and i can see this being a must for server developers

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Is possible to add remote acces to mapinfo, merchant and drop files in this soft? :)

If its on the same network its fine, just put in the network address i.e. if you are sharing the "C" drive on a PC called "MirServer" it would be something like.

\\MirServer\c\mud3\Envir\

If accessible by IP I suppose you could access it via the IP address, but I dunno what to put in.

this program is amazing thanks m8, i thought coz im a noob at stuff id find ithard but this is noob friendly and i can see this being a must for server developers

Thanks m8

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
possible feature request, create drop files from sql mon list (for all of the missing ones)

great work on latest release

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
sure sorry was in a rush yesterday.

Create Monitem.txt files for either all monsters loaded from SQL or ones that you select (similiar to the multiedit when editing existing drop files)

Hope that makes more sense :)

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I'm just not sure what benefit that would have. It could create the blank drop file for you, thats not a problem, but what it drops would be completely customisable.. and the program can't be that intuitive.

I could make it create all the Drop Files that don't exist, and have a button that highlights (or opens) all empty ones, but again, if they don't have one, they probably don't need one.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I have added a button to Create Empty Drop Files, (in the Drop File Editor Tab), this will go through all your mobs and create a drop file for it, if it doesn't exist.

To Check for blank ones, just scroll down the list and look for blank ones.

-----------------------------------

I have also added a Log Viewer.. as shown in the following screeny, you can filter it, sort via days etc etc.. I can't upload as my Web Space is down, but as soon as its back online I will post this updated exe. (You will also need the updated Settings.ini)..

Click on any line from the Logs and it will tell you what the code means, what Map Name it is and if relevent, what Item the code relates to.

You could then, for example search to track the history of an item.. (as shown in the 2nd screeny)

You can use * as a wildcard, and ! as a not search.. i.e.

*ting will return "Sting" "tingers" "DaStingers" etc
!ting will NOT return anything with "ting" in it..

Please post anything else you want adding..

BasicSQL19.JPG
BasicSQL20.JPG

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Now...

Added a Map Preview Button (loads up a Seperate Window with a basic preview of a map).

Added MapQuest loading (also requires Fixing using the Button on the Settings page).

Download Here >> >

http://66.7.199.30/~sting3g/idaBigA/BasicSQLConnection.rar

Ensure you use this Settings.ini file.

Added a new option in the Settings.ini for the Map Folder.. and also in this file is the additions as previously posted Re: the Log Viewer (also needs the path set in Settings.ini).

Screenies > >

BasicSQL21.JPG
BasicSQL22.JPG

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Yeah, you're great, I've an idea:
In the Database lists, you could make them move up/down ALL columns when you move a scroll bar? OR, change that list structure for an structure like excel (you understand me, right?)

I repeat it again, you're great xD

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
When I have added all I want I will release all the code so everyone can take the pee out of my code :P

I could make a datatable, but I prefer this one lol, I will have a search for how to move all of the lists at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.