First attempts at Photoshop: CS2 :)

smoochy boys on tour

Joopers*

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 10, 2006
Behind you
JoopersPSSig1.jpg

This was the first signature I made on Photoshop.

Joopers-WorldofWarcraft.jpg

This was my second for my World of Warcraft forums :)

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
Really good for a first try, I actually like them both. Text is good on the second one, although the smaller text below main text needs opacity turned down.

7/10 for first.
8/10 for second considering it's you're first try.

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
You have talent and could become a really good designer I tell you... Once thing to learn on this forum is, listen to experienced people like 'Lyrical G'(Probably the best designer on this forum) and JealY(Maybe not the best designer, but the guy you go to for resources and he is a good critic... If he doesn't like it, it's probably not good.) :)

Keep trying, and you'll get better and better. Incase you need some good renders use this website; www.clantemplates.com/renders/gallery this is probably the best website for renders I know of :) Good luck, keep up the good work ;)

Joopers*

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 10, 2006
Behind you
Wow, thanks for the critism... :) I'll keep trying to make it better, I can tell this is a good forum for graphics... my friend 'Muffinpie' showed me xD.

Thanks for the links aswel...much appreciated

Joopers*

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 10, 2006
Behind you
I just made a new picture for my friend... He's plays World of Warcraft, and wanted one.

PieUndead.jpg

He said he likes it plain and simple, so i tried to make it that ^_^ but add a bit of quality into it.

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
Not as good as the two above and the text is pretty bad in this one... I like all the stuff to the left. But the pic isn't as nice... 6/10 for this one mate. Keep trying :D

Joopers*

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 10, 2006
Behind you
:) Okay, i'll try a different approach at my next attempt, but im sorta tired now ^_^ lol, not going to do another today...Thanks for the critism though.

chippy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2005
the deep south
1st/2nd sigg
well the first one i thing is v good 8/10
2nd one is ok but the text could be improved 7/10

3rd sigg
he said his mate liked nice and simple so thats why the text is bad and im sure that the pic is from wow
7/10 as it was made to specifcations

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
All i can say is ur sigs are really good joopers*
1st 8/10
2nd 6/10 needs better text and color
3rd 5/10 its a little to basic (even for brendan)

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
First one is aight but the font doesn't match, I'm not gonna say it's wack because it could work but the placement and size are poo. 2nd one is wizack as a whole but its great first piece and stepping stone to better work.

The Pie is poo, poor text placement and toooo bland, I know you wanted simple but that isn't simple it's bland.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Fonts are the hardest thing to get right in a peice, and can be fery difficult to work with. You need to get placement, the font and the colour perfctly right for an awesome peice.