[2.3] Global shout quick fix

acer777

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
I had my global shout for my 2.3 files and tryd to put it into rubyfiles obv it doesnt work error came up on the m2 as it doesnt recognize SETSENDMSGFLAG, what would i need to write in there in order to make the global shout actually shout. Part of the script:

[@Main1]
<!!WARNING ABUSING THIS NPC WILL GET YOU BANNED FROM>\
<IT'S SERVICES SO DONT DO IT!!>\\
Hello there <$USERNAME> im the Global Shout NPC i allow\
users to use my services to shout a measage to everyone\
on the server.\
Each message costs 50k in Gold.\ \
<SendMsg/@@sendmsg> \
<Exit/@Exit>\

[@@sendmsg]
#if
checkgold 50000
#act
take gold 50000
SETSENDMSGFLAG
#SAY
Your Message Has Been Sent... \ \
<Back/@main>\
<Exit/@Exit>\
#ElseSay
You dont have enough gold to send a message.....\ \
<Back/@main>

[@abuse]
#SAY
You Have been Banned From Useing this service.\
I will unban you when i feel or when you can\
prove to me that you are mature enough to\
use its services, Thanks.\
<Exit/@Exit>\

Yet when i go to send a msg it just does nothing i know what the problem is just dont know what to write instead of that 1 line of code to make it work :(.

acer777

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
nice thanks, btw when i update to the new m2 it crahses and when i go to login to game it comes up with a error then closes game. So had to use old 1 :(.

Upvote 0

acer777

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
it basically says all of its fine on the m2 but than i go into game of the loading screen just b4 ingame it comes up with a error n closes the game, and no i didnt >.< ill try it now.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Add the new m2 n add bigmaps and Humuplevel =60 to end, yet still when i go to login into game on loading screen says "Server connection was forcefully terminated" says there is no errors but yet game server keeps disconnecting as i go to loginto game. :S

Upvote 0

acer777

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
when i use the new m2 with old exe works fine but all the npc names n stuff messed up, then when use new exe doesnt let me ingame need help lol.

Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Must be a problem with SQL databases, missing a new field or something.

Any suggestions? I have replaced all my db's with the ones from your latest 'Basic Server' files, also tried the ones from Icemans release. Also tried replacing every single folder from those releases, still get same error at loading screen.

Upvote 0

acer777

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
to Tai did u use the server files from the tutorial video?? downloaded from megaupload as im using them and i get the same error when i update the files >.<. im gonna download the files from the ruby section and set them up all over again ill report back if update works then :P.

Upvote 0