[2.3] Hi, help with login and charselect interface

Join Discord

Norm_Norman

LOMCN Leecher
Jun 17, 2014
Hi guys

This forum has been an amazing help in setting up a server. I'm so close now having spent about a week building this using the guides and files located here so thanks for that!

I don't know if anyone is still active on this forum, but there is basically one major problem left: when my client connects to the server, the login screen and the charselect screen are unusable because the buttons are hidden and in random locations!

I've bypassed the initial login screen problem by creating an account directly in the SQL database, allowing me to enter ID and Password and press enter. But now the char select screeen is proving impassable!

If possible, does anyone have a working set of interface files Prguse .wil and .wix they could email me?

I'm using the server files contained in your handy guide:

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?80806-LegendOfMir-II-Guide-How-things-are-done

But the Prguse files seem to not work, unless I'm supposed to 'activate' them somehow as well as copying them into the client folder?

Alternatively, if anyone can give me some tips on creating a char manually in the SQL database (all the tables I'd need to add entries into, and how to link this to a user ID....) that could also work?

Thankful for any assistance!
Norm

---------- Post Merged on 20-06-2014 at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 17-06-2014 at 01:13 PM ----------

Hi guys =/

So I'm to understand that no one has a version of the client for local server from which they can copy the files Prguse.WIX, Prguse2.WIX and PrgUse.wil, PrgUse2.wil ?

And send them me?

=/ sadtimes

Not even after a fancy one. Just one that lines up right so that buttons can be selected!

Norm

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Should probably go with some of the newer server files mate. 2.3 ones are super outdated compared to Heroes, Ruby & C# Mir, and you'll probably run into many more errors.

Upvote 0

Norm_Norman

LOMCN Leecher
Jun 17, 2014
Hi

Thanks for your reply OoOoOo24. I took your advice and have now managed to get a RubyM2 working locally :)

I've got a few little issues to iron out to do with Character creation/selection, but on the whole it's working great and the interface is all lined up properly. Shame about the 2.3 files but ah well!

Many thanks!

Norm

Upvote 0

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
Ya that was the dead link Agan, but I did figure it out. 9/10 people post a problem and not a solution. I had to download 2 sets of files to make 1 test server with no help. Just to tell ya on Ruby you cant use spells correctly, You must be closer to the mobs, or you wont even cast the spell.

editing in bit I am gonna make and Upload your solution, look below this thread to members who are loged in and viewing this!!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9...r_in_what_you_connect_with(AKA_Interface).rar

Dont add this to c/mirserver but paste it into the Data folder of the client. Your gonna Upload so You or friends Etc will be connecting with, like Wemade folder

Last edited:
Upvote 0