issues with crystal files

Join Discord

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
Not too sure if this thread is in the right place as ive not been on lomcn in a good while but here goes.

I have recently downloaded Mir Retriution, the new crystal server owned by toddwhite.

Upon the download which was very fast, i have found that when mir loads up and im in game, when i move about i get this fps lag where i find my self mis directed and its virtually impossible to play, i have researched on this an found nothing to help. just wondering if anyone has gone through this before...

I am running windows 10, have more than enough capabilities to run any mir server and then some..

I have updated my drivers, played with resolution of the client, and even re-installed.

please help someone its driving me insane..

kind regards

littletommy

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
he is running the online game off his own server - wont be major broadband speeds so this could maybe the reason why

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
i cant imagine so as everyone else seems fine with it right now, its sort of like 2 step lag except every 20ish seconds it catches up and i start running really fast for a short time till i stop, its nothing ive ever seen before..

littletommy

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
i highly doubt it anything to do with the client then, im sure if it was we would have had more complaint's about it, have to tried running in admin?

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
its running in admin and in compatibility mode 7/8 just to see if it affects it and it didn't :/ im clueless tbh but no one else on the server is having connection issues or lag

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
I assume he's using the Extended Bichon wall with the blue lights and dragon floor tiles in the center? If so yes it is client lag and there wont be a way to get around it unless he recodes the structure of how the more indepth maps are read within the client

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
no idea as of yet i havent even seen bichon wall as its another town prior to that i think that im currently in, obviously havent started grinding because of these issues XD but as i said, no one else is having any issues :/

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Is it actually Client lag or Server lag?
Or is it a mix of both?

I know I've seen CPU spikes on some maps which I had monitored to see as to why other peoples clients had froze to the point they end up dying to monsters, I also checked the ram and there wasn't any/much increase on that as well as the read/write of the disk drive(s).

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I assume he's using the Extended Bichon wall with the blue lights and dragon floor tiles in the center? If so yes it is client lag and there wont be a way to get around it unless he recodes the structure of how the more indepth maps are read within the client
that seems like a made up claim. the 'extended bichon' is just the shanda version, and it causes no more lag than any other map. many servers use this map and ive never heard of an issue

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
its running in admin and in compatibility mode 7/8 just to see if it affects it and it didn't :/ im clueless tbh but no one else on the server is having connection issues or lag
crystal is designed for the latest hardware, no need to run in compatibility mode.

check if theres an error.txt file in your client. what graphics card do you have? how much ram?

dont be phased by mirs crappy graphics, crystal requires a lot newer and alot better tech than any other mir server file

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
fixed it cheers guys, no idea what fixed it but it must of been a mix of the following:
updating graphics card driver
updating wifi driver
running it as admin
not running it in any compatibility mode
matching the clients res to my display res
and rebooting

works fine now