[2.3] Items/Mobs Dissappearing

smoochy boys on tour

ChronicleGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2004
Hey guys,

About 15 minutes ago, i got an error in the m2 server saying invalid pointer exception.

Then items started to just dissappear in game and mobs flashing and stuff.

Ive rebooted and it seems all euro items have dissapeared.

Storage isnt affected it just seems to be items equipped.

Is there anyway to retrieve them as i havent backed up the db in about 3/4 days?

Thanks.
Code.

Last edited:

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Maybe post a screenshot of the error.

I highly doubt you will be able to get this back without a backup.

Upvote 0

ChronicleGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2004

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

anyone have any ideas why its happening?

Im not fussed about restoring DB as it was only a few euro items that dissappeared ingame.

Upvote 0

ChronicleGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2004
No but i added in quite a few new armours and weapons, im at 999 items in db, will this have anything to do with it?

It says Invalid Pointer Operation, sorry Tai :)

Upvote 0

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Maybe you have added in a wrong number for the ID of the armour or weapons, double check everything is how it should be. I've had more than 999 items in my DB so its not that.

Upvote 0

ChronicleGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2004
I got the following error again tonight (roughly same time as last night) and mobs have dissapeared again:

Whitefoxman process error and Invalid pointer operation? ive checked his line in the DB in Monster TBL and his values are fine.

---------- Post added 11-10-2011 at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-10-2011 at 10:07 PM ----------

another new error in the m2server today:

Upvote 0

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Are those mobs at all buggy in game? Thats me assuming TATMonster is a mob ingame? If they are buggy check all scripts related to the mobs and triple check the mob database because thats the only thing I can think it would be. Either a DB problem or scripting problem.

Upvote 0

ChronicleGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2004
No I don't have a mob with that name. I get a whitefoxman error too but I havent changed anything mob/spawn wise.

Bugging me now.

Upvote 0