Last Epoch - ARPG (similar to PoE)

smoochy boys on tour

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I love ARPG's, I just despise those that really over complicate the skill/talent tree's, exactly like Path of Exile. The ones used in Diablo and the likes of Grim Dawn are much more user friendly.

I'd say Last Epoch is somewhere in between PoE and Diablo. Easy enough to play it casually but not retardedly easy, you can still do cool stuff with the skill trees.

Reactions: Omnibus

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
just seems a b it PoE-e and that's free :p
I've only played PoE abit but word on the street is that its heavy P2W (this comes in different ways, not being able to buy power for money does not mean that a game is not P2W) the stash which is like the most important thing in a ARPG game is only with real money? Last Epoch has nothing of that ****, and ofc it's PoE-e like, the devs played poe and diablo, also you can also say PoE is diablo-e since it came after? The devs played diablo before making the game...we can go on and on, every game copies features that changes them around

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
I've only played PoE abit but word on the street is that its heavy P2W (this comes in different ways, not being able to buy power for money does not mean that a game is not P2W) the stash which is like the most important thing in a ARPG game is only with real money? Last Epoch has nothing of that ****, and ofc it's PoE-e like, the devs played poe and diablo, also you can also say PoE is diablo-e since it came after? The devs played diablo before making the game...we can go on and on, every game copies features that changes them around
I agree.. it sucks that you cannot get the stash tabs without paying real money.. but its 100% worth it.. and you CAN play it without them

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
how is poe in anyway p2w. u buy a few stash tabs for under a tenner and your done the game is free. you pay more for special stash tabs so its pay to organise if anything. i spent the same amount on stash tabs on pow than i paid for LE and had 2k+ hrs out of it. Any way LE is great loving 0.9, build varity could be a bit better per class but im sure it will come. Going to be a good year for arpgs

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
how is poe in anyway p2w. u buy a few stash tabs for under a tenner and your done the game is free. you pay more for special stash tabs so its pay to organise if anything. i spent the same amount on stash tabs on pow than i paid for LE and had 2k+ hrs out of it. Any way LE is great loving 0.9, build varity could be a bit better per class but im sure it will come. Going to be a good year for arpgs
Ok so I think you don't know the meaning of what P2W, I am not talking about P2W like that **** diablo immortal, but if there is something in game that the only way obtainable is paying REAL money, or for example you can farm something but using money speeds it up, that means PAY 2 WIN because you cannot get it in any other way so that means its not actually free, I am not saying PoE is like other games that have heavy P2W mechanics, but you cannot say poe its free, because it isn't....
Post automatically merged:

I agree.. it sucks that you cannot get the stash tabs without paying real money.. but its 100% worth it.. and you CAN play it without them

yea you can play without, but lets be real you won't do that, its like saying WoW is free because you don't need to pay untill you reach level 20

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Ok so I think you don't know the meaning of what P2W, I am not talking about P2W like that **** diablo immortal, but if there is something in game that the only way obtainable is paying REAL money, or for example you can farm something but using money speeds it up, that means PAY 2 WIN because you cannot get it in any other way so that means its not actually free, I am not saying PoE is like other games that have heavy P2W mechanics, but you cannot say poe its free, because it isn't....

yea you can play without, but lets be real you won't do that, its like saying WoW is free because you don't need to pay untill you reach level 20
Yeaaa haha... im stuck with it.. i've been playing since the beta in 2012 an have spent over 1,300$ on support packs over the many years LOL

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006

guess i don't know then. in my head "pay 2 win" would mean paying money to have a non skilled direct advantage over others. for games like POE i always assumed it would be a better argument to say it wasn't "free 2 play".

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
guess i don't know then. in my head "pay 2 win" would mean paying money to have a non skilled direct advantage over others. for games like POE i always assumed it would be a better argument to say it wasn't "free 2 play".
By purchasing storage slots you have a direct advantage over others that do not spend right ?

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
They were actually up but EU servers had problems. NA was down for a while then you could play it. Not a big deal, happens on big launches.
C'mon...the game has been in development for 7 years, they got like all the big streamers and the small ones to jump in their game and it's not a big deal ? It's called not investing in servers because in 2 weeks 80% of the players will leave. So they way I see it, lets grav the money with all this marketing from the streamers, **** everyone with dog **** servers and make a big profit, it's not a popular IP as Diablo or PoE, I would expect this **** from them...

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
C'mon...the game has been in development for 7 years, they got like all the big streamers and the small ones to jump in their game and it's not a big deal ? It's called not investing in servers because in 2 weeks 80% of the players will leave. So they way I see it, lets grav the money with all this marketing from the streamers, **** everyone with dog **** servers and make a big profit, it's not a popular IP as Diablo or PoE, I would expect this **** from them...

Why are you always angry?

If the problem was the lack of server we would never see things like these. Scaling servers is easy. Now find where the bottle neck is. Maybe it's in the network, maybe it's in the game server layer, maybe it's something unrelated to the connection that it's making things crash.

The launch was bad but not nearly as bad as you make it seem.

BTW I'm playing fine. The only problems I have is when it load another map, sometimes it takes a while.