Links to Essential Release Repositories

Nostalgic

LOMCN Member
May 19, 2020
Hey Folks,

I'm wondering. Is there a group of release repositories which are essential or quality of life improvements for a server? For example, it could be code to prevent hacking or cheating (I know if it's open source it'll be easier to get around). But, it would be good to know what release repositories the community would recommended to a new server.

I once saw a GitHub repository that fixed the large maps and translated the static Korean language to English. Unfortunately, I don't have that link anymore. Maybe if this rings a bell to someone they could post it? Interested in what you use. Feel free to comment.

Thanks,
Nos

FloppyQ

LOMCN Member
May 12, 2020
You can see a list of public forked mir2 repos here

Most will be outdate / not much different.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Not sure what you mean essential repositories. If there's an essential feature then surely it would have been added to the main source?

If you mean alternative sources like iceman's then I wouldn't recommend any. They're all very out of date and don't contain anywhere near the improvements added to the public source.

All the alt branches are just ones people have added experimental code to. But if there's code in them which isn't in the public source it's for a good reason.

Nostalgic

LOMCN Member
May 19, 2020
Moreover on the anti-cheat. From the public source, I assume it's possible for players to cheat and hack?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Depends what you mean by cheating and hacking.

Any client can be hacked. There's no stopping that. But what someone's able to do with malicious intent is obviously very limited.

Nostalgic

LOMCN Member
May 19, 2020
Depends what you mean by cheating and hacking.

Any client can be hacked. There's no stopping that. But what someone's able to do with malicious intent is obviously very limited.

More along the lines of item/gold duplication or instantly leveling up?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
No that's not possible. Those are controlled by server.

Nostalgic

LOMCN Member
May 19, 2020
No that's not possible. Those are controlled by server.

If someone was to release a server using only the public source. What problems are they likely to expect regarding player cheating?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
None id hope. But if someone finds a bug that allows cheating that's what the bug report section is for

Reactions: Pete107