Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
650DC1EB-D91D-4565-9D66-DFCDF4F71C54.jpeg

I’d prefer to see just

Green = live online
Red = Offline
Purple = Beta online (approved betas only)

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I like the suggestion for an extra colour to be added for beta servers however I have edited the poll because the topic has been discussed heavily already.

EDIT: We are aware of Mirtracks being down.

Last edited:

Helloyou

LOMCN Member
Aug 9, 2020
low usercount server owners wanting this for people to actually try there servers wont matter word of mouth/discord about so this wont get them playing.

people want usercounts visable as above said, to see whats worth playing but if it was changed wont benefit you in any shape or form.

pointless change.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I like the poll adjustment @Jev 💪🏻👍🏻
Post automatically merged:

I feel if there’s a purple beta colour it should be “approved” ones only

Last edited:
Reactions: Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Running Away GIF by Lovecraft Country

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
What benefit is there to it? I may be wrong but wasn’t Artificial was in BETA for ages, with no wipe?

Who defines rule of a beta or live server? If there no wipe planned i mean its pretty much live.

Imo Mir Tracks is for LIVE servers. Not beta, alpha, private, or test servers.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
What benefit is there to it? I may be wrong but wasn’t Artificial was in BETA for ages, with no wipe?

Who defines rule of a beta or live server? If there no wipe planned i mean its pretty much live.

Imo Mir Tracks is for LIVE servers. Not beta, alpha, private, or test servers.
I don't think different server states would have different "rules", just a way to separate them on mirtracks in some way I guess just to indicate that the server isn't Live and probably will have its account database wiped before the official launch.

grimchamp

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 16, 2005
It would be nice if you could click server entry in tracker and it takes you to their server thread on lomcn in a new tab.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
It would be nice if you could click server entry in tracker and it takes you to their server thread on lomcn in a new tab.
Nice idea however Mirtracks are displayed in image form. so I don't know how the forum software might take it.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Convert it to a web page then.

Easy to do as a separate site, embedding on a forum could be more tricky, that's why we used an image lol.

There is an endpoint available that can provide the basic data in JSON. But its missing things like forum link, I guess that could be expanded if anyone has the time to put together the front end as a forum plugin. I'm tied up right now.

Reactions: Jev and zedina

grimchamp

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 16, 2005
maybe something more thought out then if it’s going to be effort. For example when you pay then you need to fill in a Google form and then when you click a server then it shows a div with that info. Just common things across servers: exp rate (low, med high), subscription model, world bosses etc etc then you can quickly compare servers on functionality rather than purely UC if it can’t be trusted.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
That’s just the sidebar version. If you look at the main page beta servers are listed there :)

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Easy to do as a separate site, embedding on a forum could be more tricky, that's why we used an image lol.

There is an endpoint available that can provide the basic data in JSON. But its missing things like forum link, I guess that could be expanded if anyone has the time to put together the front end as a forum plugin. I'm tied up right now.
since using xenforo we can use pretty much HTML inside a "widget" be nice if it was a bit more modern maybe?

• Wow
Reactions: zedina