Passed my grading

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Chesnut said:
I try to stay away from words with 4 or more syllables tbh.
Chesnut said:
Chesnut said:
Chesnut said:
Chesnut said:
Chesnut said:
Chesnut said:
Chesnut said:
Chesnut said:
Chesnut said:
Chesnut said:
Chesnut said:

‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪ ‪‪
‪‪

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Give me an UNEDITED recording of you saying that setence 10 times without pause without error and i will send you 1,000 yen and a white and red striped squishie.

BountieHunter

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2003
London
MentaL said:
Outsiders would, i bet you laugh when they make the noises too.... Thats because you lack respect.

Sorry but to me it just looks like some random crap moves hence why i think Karate is a waste of time. I probably could floor you even with your orange belt do you know why? Because karate sucks, you dont say to the guy 'WAIT WAIT' i need to scream a bit and meditate before, and even if you do that guy is just gonna punch you in the face, heh let me guess you gonna catch his fist with one hand, then trip him and run back, as he gets up you do a flying kick and bang he is dead? I dont think so, only in movies.

Why karate suckorz and box wins.

And blam agrees >>:blam:

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
MentaL said:
And youre cus did Shotokan?:brows:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-8749363191301195815&q=heian

gotta learn that now for November

Shotokan is a form of Karate.

Offensive martial arts are good, but I would suggest to anyone looking to make themselves confident in a confrontational situation irl to take up the likes of Judo, or Aikido. Those two in particular are defensive arts, and you can apply their teachings to situations in life, e.g. Aikido is all about disarming your opponent and paralysing them, or using their weight against them to break their own pain thresh hold.

Karate is good, but unless you have speed and a fighting mentality you will just see red and screw everything up when a fight comes your way for real :punch:. Judo/Aikido is a lot more peaceful, and there's not much to remember.

In most street fight situations if you can control the red mist you are in control of the fight, as 8 out of 10 men are incapable of controlling their own rage.

Never be scared of anyone showing anger, because as long as you are calm they have already lost. The same applies for drunk people but even more so, as you lose vital fighting requirements when intoxicated ;)

Last edited:

Mackem

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 18, 2004
Kent, S.E England
That kata is basically the same as the first one you have to learn 'kion' (spelling) , the movement is the same, (turning and directions). Only a few added moves which ya should have learnt in ya class's.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
BountieHunter said:
Sorry but to me it just looks like some random crap moves hence why i think Karate is a waste of time. I probably could floor you even with your orange belt do you know why? Because karate sucks, you dont say to the guy 'WAIT WAIT' i need to scream a bit and meditate before, and even if you do that guy is just gonna punch you in the face, heh let me guess you gonna catch his fist with one hand, then trip him and run back, as he gets up you do a flying kick and bang he is dead? I dont think so, only in movies.

Why karate suckorz and box wins.

And blam agrees >>:blam:

I aint doing standard Karate, i am doing Shotokan, its all attacking based idiot:mooned: Basically it teaches preperation and awareness, say that you are confronted and have no alternative but to defend yourself, basically by the time they go to punch you, you are already blocking the move and counter attacking, but then again, you are an idiot, no morals and basically would never attempt anything like this because you are scared.

Must laugh at you :)

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2481177700449295822&q=shotokan

Thats shotokan being used fully..

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
MentaL said:
No, that's Shotokan being demonstrated in a fully controlled environment against another person of similar skill level. The scenarios that you could be faced with in real life will be radically different to those displayed in that video. You seem to be under the impression that you're actually going to be able to use these techniques in real life. You won't.

EDIT: Forgot to add, congratulations on passing.

Last edited:

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Im using it for competition, not for real life fighting.. lol, i want to fight in the welsh championships, then in a years time I am taking up Mui tai.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
When i get good, my coach Keith is assistant coach for the current welsh team so, maybe in a year or two if i get good i can compete.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
MentaL said:
Im using it for competition, not for real life fighting.. lol, i want to fight in the welsh championships, then in a years time I am taking up Mui tai.

I will either take up muay thai or boxing, muay thai is kickboxing with elbows and knees right? apparently a very practical martial art, but boxing appeals to me more, light on your feet even though you're big is always a plus

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I would go with Mui tai personally for outside fighting, its an amazing art, yes, its arms and elbow strikes, with slight grappling (ie, hookings), but if you are learning mui tai learn some partial wrestling as well, that would be a great ****ing combo.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
MentaL said:
I would go with Mui tai personally for outside fighting, its an amazing art, yes, its arms and elbow strikes, with slight grappling (ie, hookings), but if you are learning mui tai learn some partial wrestling as well, that would be a great ****ing combo.

Hmm I was also thinking of Combat Hapkido, apparently that's a VERY good one for fitness and great techniques, especially for outside fighting, im strongly considering regular boxing, i may even do both (Muay Thai and Boxing)