pc case help

Join Discord

Nutter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 7, 2004
hey i bought a new pc case on with loads of digital stuff on the front like temperatures n stuff..

pluged everything in but i cant work out where to plug these little tiny ones that say hdd, sys etc very small black ones.. coz there isnt ne placed on my hard drive for them to fit ( that i can see) also i can't get the power button to work :D

im begin so stupid :D

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
Nutter said:
hey i bought a new pc case on with loads of digital stuff on the front like temperatures n stuff..

pluged everything in but i cant work out where to plug these little tiny ones that say hdd, sys etc very small black ones.. coz there isnt ne placed on my hard drive for them to fit ( that i can see) also i can't get the power button to work :D

im begin so stupid :D

the sensors that you are refering to are simply placed in a position on your hdd , heatsink etc etc so that they are jammed in place, so when for example you have your hdd in its area in the tower before you put the screws in to secure it, place the sensor down the side of the hdd and the sourounding case then place the screws in and tighten up this will hold the sensor in place, the same principle is used on all of the other sensors. some tower install packs (contains screws etc) come with sticky back labels that you can also use to secure the sensors to graphic cards or hdd's etc.

With the power button not working you must have the wires that come from it not plugged into the correct places in your mother board , make sure you refer to the manual for your mother board it will tell you where the wires are soposed to be placed, most mother boards now have the same markings printed on the board near the pins where the button / reset cables are plugged into, the cables will have printed either on the outer protective cover or on the plug on the end of the cable which pin they need to be plugged into on your mother board.

if you are still not getting power and your 100% sure the wiring is corerct make sure that the wires are plugged into the box at the rear of the power buttons on the front of your case. if its not that then its a fault with the tower but thats highly doubtfull but still possible.

Last edited: