Tamerek Province

Join Discord

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
A bit less of a hunting ground, and a bit more of a city than I had initially intended. Still requires a bit more work, but I'm moderately pleased with it...

http://www.clan-tsa.co.uk/images/map.JPG

I still need to add a bit more detail to the city, but I've got all the attrib marks done, and I've re-written the mapinfo.txt and mongen.txt to include it in.

2 enterances - one in top left is just to a small cave I'm intending to put a quest monster in, and a mine in the bottom right (amongst the wrecked mining village), which would contain low level zombies with similar strength to monsters in Oma Caves...

Top-Left has the enterance to the higher level hunting area, where a close-by starter town will be placed...

Any suggestions on ways to improve please?

Last edited:

Mondo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2005
sweet! love the town, great job, one of best maps i seen

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
love it. truely excellent and proffessional map.

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Thanks :) Anybody know any ways in which I can improve upon it? I was thinknig of filling in some of the South-Western watery area with another island, or adding another part to the town (like a port of some sort)...

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
I like the little clit thingy at the bottom separated from main land, very cool map!

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Hey, sorry i havn't commented, been doing draken tests. It's a nice map i like the way the bottom of the town cuts of over two bridges to the "Guild Making" admin geezer, you put some nice thought into the placements. The outer lands are perfect for hunting in.

I would have to critise on the town detail though. There isn't that much indepth close detail in and around the town, and there doesn't look like there is any designated walk way paths in the town and also around the outer lands. Adding walk ways to your map will bring it out a treat.

Good Job Keep Map Making!!!

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales
Nice work, really like this map. My views are below, don't take them personally their just to help you develop our map making skills.

My one main criticism is the lack of detail on the town, try and keep your town in sections with set routes between the diffeerent places. Try not to use a mixture off different building types, in your map you have some from mudwall (which are designed for use on a lighter, almost desert like sand tile, and ones from bw which are designed for a darker mor clay-like sand tile). Also try not to leave too much open space, some people make maps and cram everything in - which is a bad thing, but too much open space makes for boring running!

Apart from the above, a ver professional looking map!

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Thanks for the comments guys :) I did mention I'm not done with the town yet (was thinknig of completely re-doing the inside), but I have missed out on some paths (which I'm guessing would be very useful for the noobs)

I'll do a bit more tomorrow and post it up.

GuildWars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 28, 2004
I think after your done makeing this version. clear the inside town and make it a new SW ! Actually make it a nice palace and stuff.. worth owning on rpg servers

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
I've had a request to make maps for an upcoming private server. If it's wanetd I'll release it solely for that server (and maybe available for free use if host allows it), but if it's not needed it'll be free for use if anybody at all needs it.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
nice work m8 i can c dis map will b used alot in future i rekon neway :D