The new Football Season.

smoochy boys on tour

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
So, the World Cup is over, which means the new season is just around the corner.

How are your teams shaping up?

My team Sheff Wed are shaping up very well after the disapointment of relegation to League 1.

Alan Irvine has surprised loads of us with his signings. Given a shoe string budget with 0 money for transfers... So only free transfers allowed.

Daniel Jones
Jon Ostemobor
Paul Heffernan
Gary Teale
Niel Mellor
Clinton Morisson
Chris Sedgewick
Giles Coke

Thats a massive improvement from our squad already last season.
Daniel Jones is said to be a very good youngster, speaking to some Wolves fans on Holiday who said they were surprised they sold him

Heffernan knows where the net is in this league, something we've been missing

Sedgewick - All time Wednesday fan, wanted to sign for us for sometime and finally got his chance now. Decent player.

Giles Coke - Dont know much about him, but was some Championship sides after him, so must be decent for League 1

Teale - Experienced player, good addition by alll accounts

Mellor - His Dad is a Wednesday legend. Decent player if can stay fit, season loan signing... Again, wanted by Championship clubs, one been Barnsley.

Ostemobor - Decent addition, some say on his day he's brilliant, other times very average.

CLINTON MORISSON - By far the most exciting signing. I HATE this guy with a passion, always scored against us, and has a bad attitude... But he's a very good player, especially for League 1... Well done Irvine on this one, beat off numerous League 1 teams to bring him here.

Oh and Youl Mawene is expected to sign very soon... Rejected a new contract at Preston.

I can't bloody wait for the new season!

Last edited:

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Just posted this on another thread.

I'm West Ham. The only news I've seen in the past week is that we are interested in Ghana's forward Gyan... who IMO played absolutely shocking throughout the World Cup, so I'm not looking forward to that.
The only other 'rumors' I've read recently were referring to West Ham trying to sign Joe Cole & Thierry Henry, which, let's be honest, we all know isn't going to happen.

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
Im a stokie, born here support for life, just waitin on ma season ticket to come back to me for the 10th time haha

As far as transfers go its the same old story for us, slowly geting rid of some dead wood (wish beattie would hurry up n f*** off) plenty of useless rumours which nothing usually happens even if we would like them too i.e carlton cole/pavlyuchenko/jenas however im excited about the latest transfer rumour because it was on sky sports and 9/10 times when its on skky sports something is happening about it for us lol. Victor obinna, a 22 year old centre forward from inter milan, wicked pace and good with his left as he is with his right, scored about 60 goals in 160games for club and country and a couple of years ago jose mourinho said he was 1 of the best upcoming young talents at the club however this year rafa benitez says he is not in his plans and to find a new club LOL i know whose opinion i trust. Part from that nothing special is happening yet but usually have to wait till the last day of transfers to sign anyone haha in TP we trust ^_^
-J

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Liverpool.

Not looking forward to this season at all. :sad:

News on Djibril Cisse wanting to come back to Liverpool, wouldn't mind him tbh.

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Clinton Morrison and Neil Mellor League one partnership - ****in brilliant tbh lol

Newcastle United-

guaranteed 12th place :D

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Glasgow Rangers, selling most of our good players due to debt, Walter Smith has just been allowed to start trying to bring some new blood in, the only approach he has made to a player has fell through, Rangers bought 0 players last season and still won the league, but now players are gone so fingers crossed for "no dough 3 in a row"

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Clinton Morrison and Neil Mellor League one partnership - ****in brilliant tbh lol

Newcastle United-

guaranteed 12th place :D

Not a bad partnership eh lol.

We also still have Marcus Tudgay, and Jermaine Johnson who can play up front... And is one of the fastest players I've seen.

Should tear this league up... SHOULD.