smoochy boys on tour

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
Making a ultimate launcher, if u want ure server added to it post your

HL_Mir3G.ini

Here for me to download and i will add it i will release when i think ive got enough and release, saves ppls making a mess off there pc eh? :P

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
I guess what you are trying to say is you're making one launcher for multiple servers so you don't have to have multiple game file sets only one?

If so nice idea but it won't work correctly unless everyones server is not unique on how the name items, use magic setup in sql, monster setup in sql, items setup in sql, where monsters are in the mon files......etc......

Last edited:

PureKill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 27, 2007
United Kingdom
i was thinking of this but cons out weigh the pros by a lot

cons.
1. u will still need diff data
2. diff map files
3. u have to up date every time a server comes out

pros.
1. only need 1 launcher saves hdd space but i mean whats a meg or 2 theses days tbh

easyer to just have all launchers in 1 file on desk top and just put in which u want to play at that time

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
ehm it work as more as 1 diffrent server launchers or ? if yes its also possible to create 1 launcher with the servers inside that are out at present

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
idea for you...
maybe you can make a launcher with "file swapping"

You will have a very original files C:\LOM3\

You put "Server 1" files in to C:\LOM3\Server1\
You put "Server 2" files in to C:\LOM3\Server2\
You put "Server 3" files in to C:\LOM3\Server3\

When you click play Server 1, your launcher will copy the files from Server1 and keeping those original files somewhere...

And find some ways of copying all the original files back when needed.

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh would make trouble i think hun

mhh not all have same maps with same names some have renamed it (bichon not longer 0) some use old some new files if u have one launcher how should it work that he see the kind of client and change?

it would work only if all have same mapnames but diffrent clients
so it would be possible to use a big client (all maps new and old (one mappart renamed new or old) and the launcher can connect to the client )

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
client doesn't store map names.
the launcher should serve PTW only, so only minor changes.
so for most servers just the ini file is changed.
and for fancy servers we just track the changes.

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
he u dont had understand what i mean. example 4 servers have the same map
(lets take bichon =0)
zentaur =0
sting=1
redragon=2
amenon=3

than u have a prob if u have only mapfolder from zentaur as example cause there the map is named 0 but if u play with same client(mapfolder) over one launcher at sting or the others u can not play there cause u stay in phantom or sabuk or or or black screen.

so its no prob to add new servers to launcher if u start with 3.55 working there are 2 servers from beginning inside u need only to add the files make it with listmaker and add to the text file ( than u have a jumpmenue in the launcher self where u can chose wich server u wanna play)

Ingeronic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2004
idea for you...
maybe you can make a launcher with "file swapping"

You will have a very original files C:\LOM3\

You put "Server 1" files in to C:\LOM3\Server1\
You put "Server 2" files in to C:\LOM3\Server2\
You put "Server 3" files in to C:\LOM3\Server3\

When you click play Server 1, your launcher will copy the files from Server1 and keeping those original files somewhere...

And find some ways of copying all the original files back when needed.
He said copying, so if you have a basic client that is similar to most servers, and have 4 folders that have the updates in them, then copy the updates over each time you click a new file. Like a autopatch.

LightningStar

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 28, 2007
Essex, UK
a meg or 2? u have to copy mir, its nearly 1gb ^^ lol

LOL, you dont have to copy mir? You can just copy and paste the launcher into ur wemade entertainment folder but also keep the others in there too, Say you want to go on Requiem you extract that launcher etc.

If they have diff data files copy your inventory or keep the other data files in a winrar archive in your data folder so ya can just extract it, takes 2 secs plus Ive never had a prob and this is how I do it.

Kasabian

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2005
LOL, you dont have to copy mir? You can just copy and paste the launcher into ur wemade entertainment folder but also keep the others in there too, Say you want to go on Requiem you extract that launcher etc.

If they have diff data files copy your inventory or keep the other data files in a winrar archive in your data folder so ya can just extract it, takes 2 secs plus Ive never had a prob and this is how I do it.

actually, u just the the hl_mir3g.ini

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
actually, u just the the hl_mir3g.ini

i have about 12 diff HL_mir3g's lol all renamed to what the servers are.

However would be nice to be able to choose my server from the drop down box in the launcher