Updated files for offline use. (26/10/2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Right, well as the others are very outdated, i decided to make a new set of files.

This uses the latest Plumewind m2server and the new GameGate.

To get the files running, first download the files from HERE ( password: lomcn ).
Then extract the files to C:\mirserver

Now make sure your BDE Administrator is set up correctly like on the following picture:

You can get BDE Administrator from www.dbcommander.com

Then download the client and .exe from HERE (Please note, this is NOT the ledu client, but the DB's are made to match the euro data, so you will have to use this client in order to see the monsters correctly) Extract this zip file to your legend of mir client folder (Default is C:\WEMADE Entertainment\Legend of Mir)

If you wish to use the ledu client, download it HERE
(If you will use the Ledu exe, most of things ingame WILL BE MESSED UP, like mobs looking dodgy, items looking completely wrong etc. etc.) Extract this zip file to your legend of mir client folder (Default is C:\WEMADE Entertainment\Legend of Mir)

Now when you have done everything, open the folder C:\mirserver\Run the server from here And run the shortcuts in the specified order (1. 2. 3 etc.)
When you run the shortcut number 1, the LFConfirmation window will pop up, press the start button and continue to load up the other shortcuts.

You can log in to your gamemaster character with the details

ID = gamemaster
PW= gamemaster

Gamegate cheat menu setup:

Right, basically open up your gamegate. Click the option button, then clck on "cheats".

Now, first untick ALL the boxes you see, untill none are ticked at all.

Now, click the "base" tab. I have left in Health amount over head displayed, quick group, when you regen, the amount is showed over your head (like in mir3), and show names of players.

Now, go through all besides the "work" tab, and tick all the boxes. After you have done that, tick all besides the "all" and the "base" box, so you should be left with a screen like this:G][/URL

In order to put the server online, i have made a list of IP's wich you need to change

Code:
!addrtable.txt (DBServer)
All IP's

!serverinfo.txt (DBServer)
All IP's

dbsrc.ini (DBServer)
ServerAddr (the one in the [Setup] part)
GateAddr
IDSAddr

MirGate.ini (GameGate)
Server1

Config.ini (LoginGate)
ServerAddr
GateAddr

!addrtable.txt (LoginSrv)
All IP's

!serveraddr.txt (LoginSrv)
All IP's

Logsrv.ini (LoginSrv)
DBServer
ServerAddr
GateAddr

!runaddr.txt (Mir200)
All IP's

!Servertable.txt (Mir200)
All IP's

!Setup.txt (Mir200)
GateAddr
DBAddr
IDSAddr
MsgSrvAddr
If you want to let your players use a DNS address to connect (eg. disturbed.myftp.org), then refer to the following list of IP's that need changing.

Code:
#File name#####Folder name#
############################
!addrtable.txt (DBServer)
First IP: Change to the no-ip address you registerred to.

!serverinfo.txt (DBServer)
First IP: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
Second IP: Change to the no-ip address you registerred to.
Third IP: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

!dbsrc.ini (DBServer)
ServerAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
GateAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
IDSAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

MirGate.ini (GameGate)
Server1: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

Config.ini (LoginGate)
ServerAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
GateAddr: Change that to 0.0.0.0

!addrtable.txt (LoginSrv)
First IP: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
Second IP: Change to the no-ip address you registerred to.
Third IP: Change to the no-ip address you registerred to.
Fourth IP: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

!serveraddr.txt (LoginSrv)

Logsrv.ini (LoginSrv)
DBServer: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
GateAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

Config.ini (SelGate)

!runaddr.txt (Mir200)

!Servertable.txt (Mir200)
First IP: Change that to 127.0.0.1

!Setup.txt (Mir200)
DBAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
IDSAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
MsgSrvAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
LogServerAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zidane

Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2003
the client zip u download doesnt include the .exe, where can i get it from?

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Zidane said:
the client zip u download doesnt include the .exe, where can i get it from?
Sorry, uploaded the wrong zip. Redownload the client.

Also, please give ma a bit time, i also uploaded the wrong files, uploading the correct ones right now.

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Right, the correct files should be now uploaded. Please let me know if you have any problems.

Upvote 0

Zidane

Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2003
files are working great, just the sound isnt working. also do u have any idea which boxes are for which cheats? iv managed to work out the 1st 5 but cant seem to work out what the others do. thanks

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Zidane said:
files are working great, just the sound isnt working. also do u have any idea which boxes are for which cheats? iv managed to work out the 1st 5 but cant seem to work out what the others do. thanks
Added a screenshot to the first post (Ty to EvilEvil).

Upvote 0

Zidane

Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2003
ok thanks, what about the sound ingame? i got the music at log in and character selection but nothing ingame, is it something to do with my files?

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Zidane said:
ok thanks, what about the sound ingame? i got the music at log in and character selection but nothing ingame, is it something to do with my files?
Can't help you with that one sorry, it's most likely to do with the client though.

Upvote 0

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
how do we stop the cheats anyway, i have ticked and unticked all the squares and still i can run like a mad!!!isn't there a way to make all stuff normal??? cheatless!

Upvote 0

spence

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 30, 2004
ty Gimp nice release johnny he has posted in the main thread u need to just fiddle about ticking some of the boxes and unticking lol

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
johnyl1 said:
how do we stop the cheats anyway, i have ticked and unticked all the squares and still i can run like a mad!!!isn't there a way to make all stuff normal??? cheatless!
If you had the cheats enabled on your client, and you had used the cheats BEFORE you disabled them in the gamegate, they will stay enabled.

You have to disable the cheats each time you reboot the server, and if you have disabled the cheats with the gamegate, and you still have some enabled, make a new character because the settings are saved.

God i'm crap at explaining things lol.

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Right, basically open up your gamegate. Click the option button, then clck on "cheats".

Now, first untick ALL the boxes you see, untill none are ticked at all.

Now, click the "base" tab. I have left in Health amount over head displayed, quick group, when you regen, the amount is showed over your head (like in mir3), and show names of players.

Now, go through all besides the "work" tab, and tick all the boxes. After you have done that, tick all besides the "all" and the "base" box, so you should be left with a screen like this:G][/URL

Upvote 0

Zidane

Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2003
lol i didnt look for tabs at the top of the gamegate, i got it sorted now cheers.

Upvote 0

Patan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
29.10.2005 16:22:30 ·þÎñÆ÷Æô¶¯Òì³££¡£¡£¡An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108)

this error mesage i get if i start m2server
what is that ?

edit: got it reinstalled bde administrator only need now the data folder with the files cause i only have blackscreen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
great! i got it workin just 1 thing where the heck r the mobs? ive run round all over and cant find ne?

Upvote 0

Cernd

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2004
Everytime I try to run shortcut 8...the M2 Server icon I get a box come up with Invalid Filename, what's wrong and how do I fix it?

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Cernd said:
Everytime I try to run shortcut 8...the M2 Server icon I get a box come up with Invalid Filename, what's wrong and how do I fix it?
Your files arent in C:/Mirserver

Upvote 0

Cernd

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2004
Ok i got all that working but everytime I try to connect to the server it says it's offline.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.