*vote* Should Mir 1.4 Server Be Made *vote*

Join Discord

Should a mir 1.4 server be made?!?

• Dont Ask me i wasnt here durin 1.4!! WAT IS 1.4?!?!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

killer22

Permanently R3T/\r|)
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2003
PFC where else
should a mir 1.4 server be made and if so what would you like to see put into this server! Post Here all your stuff YOU want in the server.

lets have a run down about the server for start.

Main Points:
*Maps
*Items
*Mobs
*NPCs
*Rarity
*Exp
*Lvl
====
*Maps
-------
I recon to start with we rebuild sum maps, have smaller versions for less people. saves runtime and space, also saves us running for 3 weeks lol. works for both people.

new maps should be introduced as and when but not so over fast that people never visit them.

*Items
-------
Items is a tuff one, people want the smart looking items but they got introduced later in mir, from 1.9 onwards really. maybe add a few in gradually making them ultra rare so when people do find them its worth the money on the mir market.

*Mobs
-------
This part i think we all want as good as 2.3 really, preff adding regular new mobs but not boosting them too high so we never fight them, point being is the new mobs do look good. no dout about that but we also gotta aim for balance.

*NPCs
-------
Simple, Plain, Basic. All you ever need from npcs.. we dont need 1 that can tele us everywere.. maybe to some low level places or nearer to sum places but not straight to the door.

*Rarity
-------
This is VERY KEY! without this, this server is pointless... we need to keep things rare, keep the mir market. every server n i do mean EVERY server has lost the rarity of items. by doing so they lost the mir market, the one thing that made a community. (if we work on anything it has 2 be this).

*Exp
-------
Simple one, About 5x avg rate works fine.. you level up at a ok pace but you dont ultra level to 40 within a week. its a working on situation.

*LvL
-------
Sum mite not understand this one, basicly Level being Aimed min/max levels and varibles apon gameplay, I.E:what type of bosses you kill and caves/maps you visit at different levels, you cant go from lvl 1 to a xp cave then when your lvl 22 go to WTKR then lvl 33 MirKing.. it dont work. its gotta balance outside of just bosses.

===================
if i missed any points or anything, please fill them in.

Last edited:

LegendOfMir

LOMCN N00B +1
Veteran
Dont deserve to use 1.4 coz can be hacked. I no need no nothing cos me and a lot of ppls have cheat for 1.4. So plzz dont put this server online coz, everybody will be GM...:::)))) Be smart and use update version of mir.
No need vote!!! We have everything!!!!:bounce:

Rebal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2007
Yes, and theres ways of blocking ''cheats'', eny one can just have to know what ur doing at end of day, really that simple, yes fair enough 2.3 is better but.. its not about the latest version, 1.4 was the best ever in mir, perfect pvp runs smooth as enything.. etc

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Well i asked thedeath awhile back if new gates could be made for blocking the cheats on a 1.4 server, and he said the cheats will always work no matter what. So there really is no point in making one unless you plan to watch every single person and ban the ones that use cheats.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
fair enough, 1.4 had the best feel of things, but if he put the time into coding the 2.3 servers from the sources, then he could work on the feel of that, if he liked he could even code it to be what the 1.4 is, but have the freedom to update things he'd like to.

1.4 is really not worth putting time into anymore in my opinion.

The only way i could see a 1.4 server being any success would be to be purly a pvp server, with rankings on killings, everyone stands in the same boat from when they log in, to when they have done how ever many kills.

Being designated safe spots, but in general, everywhere being pvp, where leveling is required.

So start off at level 255 or what ever the cap was back then, some basic kit, but you can unlock better kits from npc's by having 100 kills possibly, then better at 500 kills, etc, etc.

Even then, i think you'd be way better off working on the sources to make it run how you like.

/Ash

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
What i have been doing with the very little spare time i have is making a 1.4 based server... perfecting the 1.4 statues before i continue...

Plan was to rule out all bugs and perfect drops for Zuma's/Wooma's/Oma's etc (all the temples / npcs that were in 1.4) then slowly updating it with new additions... e.g. 1.4i (adding new looks for level 40 arms etc)

but iv kinda lost intrest with it atm...

/Cyborg