Web Design Available

smoochy boys on tour

re5p3ct

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2003
my crib
Hi all!,

Just writing to say that i am currently Freelancing Web Design. If anyone needs a website for their server throw me a email on [email protected].

I usually charge £399 per website but since i'm a old school LoM player anyone that wants one i will do for less that £100 :).

Thanks!
Sam

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005
Are they reasonable prices for the quality? Also you might want to proof read for site for spelling mistakes.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I don't mean to be rude but I think your work is a little basic, I personally think colours are plain, there is some out of place layouts and some images with text which personally I don't think goes down well (especially if you require a diverse website with translations). This may not be down to you personally as it is based on 'customer demands and preference' if these are actual real products produced for customers. However there are some good one's (mainly towards the end), my favourite is probably the Big Daves Fun Day.

I done some HTML, CSS and Javascript last year - wasn't too great at it so I know how hard it is. I'll bookmark your website and take a note of your email for future preferences if I ever do need a website though.

re5p3ct

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2003
my crib
Hey thanks for the feedback TheDayiDie. Yes Big Daves fun day is the most recent and as you can tell from top to bottom our work has progressed and they have been produced to the customers wants and needs, everything has been hand coded. DevilsKnight yes i do, i'm about 50% cheaper than most web developers.

Sam

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
Hey thanks for the feedback TheDayiDie. Yes Big Daves fun day is the most recent and as you can tell from top to bottom our work has progressed and they have been produced to the customers wants and needs, everything has been hand coded. DevilsKnight yes i do, i'm about 50% cheaper than most web developers.

Sam

I'm sorry but a 10 second search on google shows that this isn't true.

What language do you write them all in? What software do you use?

Dk

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005
Prices are a bit high, people have actually been quoted them prices and are okay with it?

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Big Dave's Family Fun Day looks good, the rest of them you can tell he's progressed over time. A lot of people being surprised that he got the cash for this, believe it or not he's delivered what the person wants, he's probably got the security and fixed bugs, along with various proto-types, so you're also paying for manhours here too guys. Which is about right for the price.

You would be surprised how much an actual website costs these days, not one of the freewebs or **** like that.

/Zelda

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
I use Notepad++, HTML, CSS and JQuery for my web development...

I would also recommend the use of a third party framework such as Foundation or Twitter Bootstrap, there are plenty of these out there (these two are my favourite) but they will give you most of what you need for a basic website (as well as scaling to mobile)... Might help drive your prices down.

I would say that informative websites (no functionality behind them) are becoming increasingly less profitable because of a lot of the tools to allow non programmers/designers are becoming a lot better... Once you introduce so functionality/management system/data persistence... You can charge what you like.

In my experience you are looking at £50-60 per page of a website... I would say more toward to £60 as a lot of companies do 4 page websites for £200 (40 quid saving)... So £100 for a full site is decent.

Sam

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Can't knock £100 for a website, A lot of effort goes in to making sites, and it's not a 5 minute job.

Will the site be fluid like your big dave site?

How many pages?

Straight html for static sites, or the possibility of php for dynamic content?

Where will you get the images used on the site? Most of the images people use for their Mir sites aren't royalty free, seeing as though you're acting as a business you shouldn't use any of these lifted images.