[POLL] Pay 2 Play --- OR --- Donations ???

Join Discord

Would you liek the game to be Pay 2 Play OR donations?

• Pay 2 Play

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Donations

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I DONT CARE FS!

Votes: 30 34.5%

• Total voters

stephenking

I HAVE A DREAM!!
Developer
Aug 28, 2005
Netherlands
if a player likes to donate just to keep the server up thats the correct way, tho it must come from the player itself and the serverowner should not ask about money.

imo its ok for a player to donate to keep a server up

tho imo its wrong for a player to donate and get a ownage kit

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Elise baneed for spam and pissing me off

I dont give a **** what is going on spam my PM box and the forums and I ban end of story

BH

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Sorry, but it is scamming...taking money from people to play a game that was stolen in the first place? lol, your basically selling some other companies service and making a profit from it.

Theres a difference between taking and recieving.

Copying a music cd and selling it on a market stand isn't scamming, its just ilegal. Even though in essence your doing the same thing.

Taking something and selling it is what paying to pay is.
Taking something and selling it is what selling a copied CD is.

If he wants to charge people to play a game and people are willing to pay then let them pay, its not up to you to judge if people are willing to pay.

Fair enough that they won't be able to advertise on LOMCN, but thats all, nothing else is going to stop someone from charging the play the game. Well excluding Wemade, but that'd only happen if someone made decent money from it.

/Ash

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
If anything its not your work at all. Making the server is the simple part... what about the amount of hours that went into coding the files in the first place... my opinion if anything people should be paying to receive the files and not paying to play.

I hate the idea of even involving money around a private server whatsoever.
The amount of servers that have been ruined due to the fact people take advantage of it, while the hosts give you extreme items to make everyone donate.

Crap. I really do hate the idea of it all.
and what about the hours, days, weeks, months that go into futher codin and work on the files?...

@ elise.... lol aint u takin this abit far? that post was made to 2day, and u quote it?

its obviously made by u...

if soem1 at lomcn could verify ur ip id happyily verify ur IP.

give it a rest ye, i never got ur thread banned, robert even confirmed that, i never even msged him or other admins, other ppl did, so fk off ye.

on topic:

seems the arguement is very sided, which i guess was expected

personally i think all the ppl sayin that the host should pay the expenses, aswell as put up with all the crap given, is well greedy... do u not know the way of the world? nothing is done for free.

u can talk about back in the day when ppl used to host for free balh blah etc... but times have changed, these days if u wanna show ur a proper server, u have to have a decent dedi PC, u have to pay for FTPs rather than wack **** on filefront, or host the pc at home like back in 1.4... where 1.4 servers actually ran fine on home pcs as they only had a user count of liek 10-50... aswell as not takin up many resources.

arguements are always gonna have different veiws, can never please them all, was just wonderin wot side it would more likely take

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
But still no one has asked to to make a server so in doing so you should accept all responsibilities that comes with it :p.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
dont see why any1 should have to pay £200+ a month, when a lot of them are ungratefull moaners.

on the other side u do have nice ppl who actually appriciate the work u do, and they are the only ppl worth workin hours a day on a server for

Last edited:

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
lifcos a m8 and i aint gonna argue against him, he is a good server creator, and a legend

i was gonna argue about the 'successful' part, btu why should i? i have no need 2. ive achieved everything ive wanted, and done very well for myself, my 1st server has been up 7-8months with a consistant 150-230 user count... only other person thats done than is lapta.

clearly im doin something wrong? ;)

+ soz lapta, but money dont grow on trees lol
even u excepted donations for ur server back in the day, as i remember that guy... wallet or something (know it was a W lol) donated towards u, and u banned me for pkin him and takin his items

i dont wanan argue with u, as that was a long time ago... but u cant go against something uve done in the past.

was wellard that kept starlite going with his donations wasnt it?

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
and what about the hours, days, weeks, months that go into futher codin and work on the files?...
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost certain that 98% of the servers that have been up haven't coded anything into there servers due to most using closed source so...
Yeah working on the server files does take a lot of time and effort and I won't put that point aside but its just crap, as with any sort of donations or gain within the game its not fair. Not everyone can afford all these special things, a lot are kids I should think also.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
missin the point, im sayin IF u were to be runnin files that had had alot of new features and **** coded on em, to the point it was almost like a new game...

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
No where in the first post has it stated that.

It changes the whole argument completely.
It really depends on what all these features maybe. Its hard to say without comparing it to anything atm.

My views still stand as a no until I see something worth remotely paying for.
Even if I still don't like the idea of paying for a game that has been stolen in the first place.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
soz i guess i worded it wrong then

thats what i mean tho, something that has rly had a lot of time spent on it, a lot of stuff coded been tested and tested, and will defo remain online, loads of life in it (similar to euro)
just basically like a new game, or at least a very updated version

if soem1 were to do a game like that, id defo p2p

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
p2p is a fine idea if it were only done for one or two servers for the whole community. Like a clone of euro. :) would just be the same, except there would be decent staff in charge. Perhaps lomcn should make there own....then the lomcn staff could pick there own server team and manage stuff if they didnt want to upkeep it themselves.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
i wouldnt want an exact clone of euro tho

item images changed + names changed

mob images + names changed

new places / new spells / new mob AI

loads of patchs and quests added

if u had all that, it would be worth it

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
was wellard that kept starlite going with his donations wasnt it?

donations killed starlite.v2

you see, this is whats happing to bon's server now, peeps dont like the fact that some peeps donate and get items or what ever for cash.

lif

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
think donations should be for such things as hair cuts, money scrolls maybe exp scrolls quest items thats sorta stuff, stuff that helps but dont give a massive advantage over every 1 who cant donate.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
think donations should be for such things as hair cuts, money scrolls maybe exp scrolls quest items thats sorta stuff, stuff that helps but dont give a massive advantage over every 1 who cant donate.

I know your only giving your POV matey, don't count this as a flame but that sort of stuff ruins servers as theres always one rich **** who thinks let's spend a lot of cash on that sort of stuff.

I still see the idea as wrong mind. As it's ripping off other peoples work.

Bon to be fair what have you done on your server, Started with other people's files, Renamed items, changed drops etc.

That's EXPECTED by most players, or should i say it used to be.

Yeah, okay you get people moaning etc all the time, So what? It's your choice to of brought the server up.

Donations are wrong, and easily corruptible. And there was a time when you thought that IMO.

Sorry dude but money corrupts and it's all it's done to you. That's my POV.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Free 2 Play, with the option of items just like the one's in wemades mir. Any other type of items gained through money (e.g donation gear, items that only drop from hard boss's) should not be done as it ruins the game.

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Free 2 Play, with the option of items just like the one's in wemades mir. Any other type of items gained through money (e.g donation gear, items that only drop from hard boss's) should not be done as it ruins the game.

What he said

Wemade Mir2 system is the best way to do it as they have proven

BH