[POLL] Pay 2 Play --- OR --- Donations ???

smoochy boys on tour

Would you liek the game to be Pay 2 Play OR donations?

• Pay 2 Play

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Donations

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I DONT CARE FS!

Votes: 30 34.5%

• Total voters

ChiliPepper

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Dec 26, 2003
Donations tbh..

Imo as long as its nothing ott that unbalances the game then its fine

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
soz i guess i worded it wrong then

thats what i mean tho, something that has rly had a lot of time spent on it, a lot of stuff coded been tested and tested, and will defo remain online, loads of life in it (similar to euro)
just basically like a new game, or at least a very updated version

if soem1 were to do a game like that, id defo p2p

Now that you've explained it a little more its slightly easier to make a better arguement lol

However, my problem with paying a monthly fee for a stolen product still remains, but i would be able to live with something such as an item shop in game and not items that give an unfair advantage (Similar to donating, but not the same thing)

These items should be similar or basically the same like other grind MMOs.

Items such as Level/Skill EXP Boost Potions (30 mins, 60 mins, 90 mins etc) or purchase of a horse (30 Days Dur, 60 Days Dur, Infinite Dur) or purchase of a costume (30 Days, 60 Days, Infinite)

You know the sort of items i mean, even a life time pet can be a purchasable item (such as a Slave)

Those are the sort of items i could live with, the price i couldn't care less about lol.

But when it comes to donating for items such as extra 30 DC Weapons or extra 20 AC armours, it gets rediculous and unfair

So in conclusion, P2P monthly and donations i wouldn't play the server, but an item shop with reasonable items on sale (like i mentioned above) i would play

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
thing is these items u can buy, like stat boosts/pets / teleport saving location etc etc... would these be something u can only obtain via payin... or dropin aswell?

i was gonna say if only via payin ... its unfair... but then agian, im sure there would be ppl that would pay for these items then sell them for gold... so they'll get circulated around

the p2p option would only rly be something if it was all done properly, i belive laptop from mirrevenge is now doin that? hes paid some proper company to code him new files from scratch, copy writen the game, trade marked legend of mir in the UK, guessin he will be payin VAT on p2p etc... but with the lies he tells u never know, either way thats the kinda thing i meant... altho id never pay for his server as its a pile of basic ****, no offense there but very little effort is in that server imo.

american game zero online i played is free but u pay for zero points which u use at zero mall for ****... ZPs are only availble via events + payin for them... however after a few months ZPs have circulated around the community and quite easy 2 sell **** for zps, supose be something like that

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
The ingot system works well, but its still down to the server owner what they add and the price for it..

If you tie the system up with crap stuff that no one will buy... you could of just done it on gamegold (free) and let player work for it and fill with top items they really want, like i have done

at the end of the day it does not matter what system is used its down to the owner

i like bons idears and i see were hes coming from

lif

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
thing is these items u can buy, like stat boosts/pets / teleport saving location etc etc... would these be something u can only obtain via payin... or dropin aswell?

i was gonna say if only via payin ... its unfair... but then agian, im sure there would be ppl that would pay for these items then sell them for gold... so they'll get circulated around

the p2p option would only rly be something if it was all done properly, i belive laptop from mirrevenge is now doin that? hes paid some proper company to code him new files from scratch, copy writen the game, trade marked legend of mir in the UK, guessin he will be payin VAT on p2p etc... but with the lies he tells u never know, either way thats the kinda thing i meant... altho id never pay for his server as its a pile of basic ****, no offense there but very little effort is in that server imo.

american game zero online i played is free but u pay for zero points which u use at zero mall for ****... ZPs are only availble via events + payin for them... however after a few months ZPs have circulated around the community and quite easy 2 sell **** for zps, supose be something like that

Well i'm not sure if you've heard of the game Cabal?

But they have Level/Skill Boost potions that aren't droppable, only purchasable via the item shop. But they also have items such as a Bike or a Board to move around faster, which are in the drop files but incredibly rare, and when bought via the item shop they only last 30-90 days, for a permanent one, you have to find it

So for LoM, you could put items such as a Para ring which will only last for 30 days, to get it permanently you would have to find it from the drops. But thats if this was ever coded into the game lol

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
thats also a good idea tbh, items that only last for a set amount of days, or a set amount of dura

im sure it wouldnt be too hard to code in an extra coloum for days to expire

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
thats also a good idea tbh, items that only last for a set amount of days, or a set amount of dura

im sure it wouldnt be too hard to code in an extra coloum for days to expire

if you cant, you could sell higher dura items that are unrepairable.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
just make 2 types of para

ParaRing - In drop files.. repairable
ParaRing(D) - Obtainable by donations.. not repairable.

By doing this idea you could do anything.. and is actually preety decent.

Last edited:

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
just make 2 types of para

ParaRing - In drop files.. repairable
ParaRing(D) - Obtainable by donations.. not repairable.

By doing this idea you could do anything.. and is actually preety decent.

Also if you did the (D) items idea you could also work GameGold into it.
When you buy the Para it comes with 20GameGold.
It costs 10Gamegold to repair the para back to full duration.

Then you could sell Gamegold, and it'd actually be useful to buy!

ZOMG COPYWRIGHT IDEAR! :tongue1:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Also if you did the (D) items idea you could also work GameGold into it.
When you buy the Para it comes with 20GameGold.
It costs 10Gamegold to repair the para back to full duration.

Then you could sell Gamegold, and it'd actually be useful to buy!

ZOMG COPYWRIGHT IDEAR! :tongue1:

OO i like.. then make a npc allow you to convert GG into GGscrolls.. so u can sell it :P making a whole new buisness!!! lol.

Oh so u can trade it onto another char also.

Last edited:

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
YES!!! ok i think we need to go patent and copyright this entire idea.. u do the paperwork.. ill do the sleeping kk :)? and we shall split it 50/50 MQWUAHAHAHA

DONE MATE.
12p for you. 12p for me. I sold idea to Ben.
He said 24p good deal, i said sure. :D

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
did u split ur brain 50-50 half each?

OMG, how'd you guess? Do you have a full 100% brain?

Since im now paying for a dedi, i have to say - donations are probably more needed than what they previously were. You know, when it was enough to run a server off your home PC. Nowadays most 'decent' servers use a dedicated server to ensure no lag and smooth gameplay.

Extreme donations, or buying the best items ingame - i would say no to.
But a somewhat balanced/thoughtout donation system - yes.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
omg I got bored of reading after two page's, I would never p2p for a private server and I mean NEVER, purely because it's the server creatiors choice to have the server running, its their choice to pay stupid amounts of money for a dedi website etc...

If you knew full well there would be cost's to running the server then you should NOT do it, doing it for fun is the way it use to be long time ago fair enoth they didn't last but hell they was alot more fun than whats out now.

Mir server's these days = CRAP hense why I dont play mir2. If I ever wanted to I would go play euro but the chance's of that are very very slim.

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
wud be silly to p2p , itl be like your makin money for other plps work , ino ino we "make a server" but we dont actuly make the game we just edit it lol if ya no wat i mean , donations yeh just to help pay for the elecky n internet bills ect so am not up for payin for private servers

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
wld b better to have it free. but when i made servers i often thought it was better to be p2p rather than involve donations to raise funds.