SijoMiR - Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
Open beta doesnt always mean WIPE, thats what closed beta is for

No... Closed beta is for the Development Team's select few "Target Audience"..... Open Beta is for EVERYONE. Name ONE game that had an OPEN BETA and then went straight into the official server without wiping???

Like i said.. name one.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
No... Closed beta is for the Development Team's select few "Target Audience"..... Open Beta is for EVERYONE. Name ONE game that had an OPEN BETA and then went straight into the official server without wiping???

Like i said.. name one.

Neverwinter , drakensang online to name 2 off the top of my head.

open beta is generally to reserve the right to frequently patch/ test / take down the server at little notice.

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
Can I ask... How do you IDENTIFY an item on this server??

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Like i said.. name one.

TERA, Rift, World of Warcraft, Legend of Mir

Lol! I can name you thousands if I could be bothered. Do your research before saying such rubbish.

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
It seems some people have not slept for wanting to lvl. Now they realize... oh wait... there WILL actually be a wipe which is what was ALWAYS known to be the case. If you bothered to read opening posts that is.

User count wont be affected I don't think as the people who have atleast a few brain cells knew there would be a wipe. Most the people playing would have lvl'd in a LOT of other mirs, spent hours and hours infact... just to quit or it shut down. Now I guess some of those people are trying to say they wouldnt re-lvl. or play the server after a wipe from them playing a few days? a week? hahaha - somehow I find it hard to believe. We are all playing currently to help out finding bugs and to see if the teams hard work has been worth while. Dont like it? dont play until its released.

They would lose more players by not wiping when they said they would, as I reckon alot wont even bother to start, knowing people are ahead. As fickle the mir mind is lol.

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
TERA, Rift, World of Warcraft, Legend of Mir

Lol! I can name you thousands if I could be bothered. Do your research before saying such rubbish.

OK. I'm sorry! I didn't know lol. alright, i'm sorry. I'll shaddup myself lol.

Btw, how do you identify an item on this server? Some i can't use because it's labelled as "unidentified". ???????????

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania

Like i said.. name one.
lol are you retarded mate? ALL the games that go in Open Beta then they get released dont wipe.

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester

Nevermind, everything i said has allready been said

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
would appear a select few ppl thought thewy wer so clever staying up for 3 days to get ahead of everyone else, but they got made to look daft when they discovered it would be wiped because everyone else who knew a wipe was coming just took it steady.

MCDONALDS

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
Southampton, UK
OH i love how most of you are crying hard over lvls.....HE DID NOT say it was having a wipe from the start go read page 16.... get your facts right....

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I don't see a reason for a wipe lol. Balancing can be dealt with as the game goes on, it's only going to have to be rebalanced later on when we get to the real levels, doing it this early on is so pointless.

If you take into consideration the extra skills I've seen, it seems to be as though damage will be coming out of all classes eventually

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
OH i love how most of you are crying hard over lvls.....HE DID NOT say it was having a wipe from the start go read page 16.... get your facts right....

In reply to my questions on page 14... he states on page 15, there WILL be a wipe.
"Yes they'll be a wipe. We've had to remake most of our work that we did before we moved onto the AceM2 files so we have new content compared to what was seen from our first beta at the end of 2011"

Get YOUR facts right.

Either way, they need to give a definite answer very soon please.

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
not crying over levels couldnt give a feck never been highest level never will be. if theres any crying goin on its about losing lvls is it not? and yes xxxxx he said there will be a wipe, however he did say later there MAY not b a wipe but it was still a possibility. Also mir 3 QGO had a wipe after open beta and i think global mir 3 did also so as for that some do some dont.

scx0r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2005
Neverwinter , drakensang online to name 2 off the top of my head.

open beta is generally to reserve the right to frequently patch/ test / take down the server at little notice.

Wrong open-beta darkfall 2 wiped everyday for weeks, wipe is allowed in beta.

---------- Post Merged at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I agree with the wipe. Balancing is important for release. Wipe please.

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
Btw, how do you identify an item on this server? Some i can't use because it's labelled as "unidentified". ???????????

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004

Cant atm, it will be removed from the game for the now I was told

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
Not until we get a definite answer on this whole "Wipe" subject lol