Mir 4 Dev Log

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
If you can drop me a pm on discord that would be great, we have got a lot of information already. That’s all I can say currently.
I dont know the facts but I also believe lexi is the middle man, I've spoken to him a few times on telegram as he used to handle my donations when the server first came up and I remember him saying he had to wait for the admin of the server to process the donations. 1707498705585.png

He has been involved since the beginning though.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I dont know the facts but I also believe lexi is the middle man, I've spoken to him a few times on telegram as he used to handle my donations when the server first came up and I remember him saying he had to wait for the admin of the server to process the donations. View attachment 33793

He has been involved since the beginning though.
Payments are all done via "agents" and "cash sellers" I'd assume this is to reduce any risk on rogue when local laws are shown to have been broken.

Last edited by a moderator:

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
Payments are all done via "agents" and "cash sellers" I'd assume this is to reduce any risk on rouge when local laws are shown to have been broken.
yeah, this makes sense, he is probably an ex-agent turned community manager now.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
World server is now built also. Only two missing library files remaining.

Edit: 1 project left to build

is the intent of this for everyone to enjoy and play the servers for a long time or rince peoples wallets? fairly sure the former but with it getting close to actually working on fixing issues such as drops which is more than likely going to take a couple of month I figured it was worth asking on the goals of this project.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
is the intent of this for everyone to enjoy and play the servers for a long time or rince peoples wallets? fairly sure the former but with it getting close to actually working on fixing issues such as drops which is more than likely going to take a couple of month I figured it was worth asking on the goals of this project.
Crytpo is being removed but anything passed that is up to the indiviual server owner.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Crytpo is being removed but anything passed that is up to the indiviual server owner.

Ah so lomcn devs aren't making a server themselves just removing the crypto side of things then releasing the files for server owners to do their thing. If thats the case I'm going to get on my brothers back he's been coding for the bank for over 2 decades its about time he used that knowledge to make me an enjoyable f2p mir4 server.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Ah so lomcn devs aren't making a server themselves just removing the crypto side of things then releasing the files for server owners to do their thing. If thats the case I'm going to get on my brothers back he's been coding for the bank for over 2 decades its about time he used that knowledge to make me an enjoyable f2p mir4 server.
To be honest our main focus at this moment in time is getting the servers up and running. I still need to manipulate the client we have to point towards a local server (I've made some progress)

In terms of crypto and rinsing peoples wallets, It's all down to indiviual server owner. We can't moderate servers remember.

I'd imagine we would be releasing a server.

1707514719823.png

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
I think a decent server would be a removal of the cash shop but keeping those 3-4 $9.99 monthly packages to help with server costs.

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
I think a decent server would be a removal of the cash shop but keeping those 3-4 $9.99 monthly packages to help with server costs.
i have to agree any server owner needs to remove some items and pack from cash shop or drop the price cant see many people paying for the $49.99 packs on a private server that was on official

Reactions: Belle and Vyse

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I mean

See I think best method would be keeping the shop with Gold that can be used to buy and sell things both in the store and market but the actual shop itself to consist of only Cosmetics, Mounts, Extension tickets, PVP buffs, PVP Healing potions, and PVE Buffs. With special 1 time level packs being revamped with resonable ticket.

Then Having a F2P Season pass, a £5 worth of gold and £10 of gold one so thats £15 a month to earn a lot of resouces which imo is fair and resonable the other stuff in the shop doesn't directly effect power to a large extent.

Then I would add Ticket boxs as a rare drop to SP/MS none summon item bosses, Spirit tickets to Valley subs, Skill tickets to Elite field subs, Material tickets to Lab subs extremely rare and not box's just single tickets.

Revamp bosses to drop good loot making them worth fighting over and arguing over who takes what chests in clans.

Bare in mind if you make it so gold instead of cash is used for seasonpass purchases too it then becomes a hard tradeable currency within the game and even fully f2p may be able to sell items for Codex, magic stones, etc to cover them fees each month and compete and the things they would be selling will give an edge to those who don't really mind spending.

Basically make a server that you get out what you put into it in effort instead of who has the biggest bank account, Ya know the way games should work.

Last edited:

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
Been working on the Launcher. This is just a mock up.

amazing, on the official launcher it has more than one login button for logging in a second account, game start 1 stores a set of details and game start 2 stores a different set of login details. Would be good if we could have that as its nice to sometimes control 2 chars like a tao and another class.

Reactions: Belle

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
edumacationalz readin

• Love
Reactions: Nyylxd and Jev

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
@Jev @MentaL How flexible are the files going to be once they are complete? Will we be able to do any of the following:

- Edit stats of current items / monsters
- Duplicate current items/monsters and change the name of them to make new items/monsters
- Duplicate maps to create new areas
- Amend the spells stats

if the above is possible then using reskinned items / monsters could extend the content a bit but i feel like other servers would of done that already so im guessing its not possible?

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
@Jev @MentaL How flexible are the files going to be once they are complete? Will we be able to do any of the following:

- Edit stats of current items / monsters
- Duplicate current items/monsters and change the name of them to make new items/monsters
- Duplicate maps to create new areas
- Amend the spells stats

if the above is possible then using reskinned items / monsters could extend the content a bit but i feel like other servers would of done that already so im guessing its not possible?
I'm not involved in the development.
Post automatically merged:

edumacationalz readin

Updated.