1st attampt with ps cs2

Monk2005

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2005
i know its not rly any good wel dno nyway lol.

i havent got a clue wat im doing jst messing about wht filters nd layers lol i havent a clue how to do the text or how to add images or borders lol is there any tutorials about to help out. its so addictive playing with this program lol i wanna learn a few techniques etc to hopefully get better at it.

ty.

Attachments

• 1st try.jpg
    1st try.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 105

Monk2005

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2005
tried agen.

lol i rly am in the dark here jst r adomly playing with features took me about 3 hours each hahaha

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 105

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Good to see a new face in the graphics section :)

I like your work, you've got a good eye for colour and that will set you off well.

Just keep playing with different tools and see what you come up with, try some tutorials too.

Jesus LOL

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2006
Not bad, i like the 2nd one.. the simplicity goes well with the txt

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
Erm ya..... simple filters I know it's your first but I don't care just post for advice or something....

It's not good work at all :S?

Tx

Monk2005

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2005
Erm ya..... simple filters I know it's your first but I don't care just post for advice or something....

Tx
lol i know its simpkle filters coz im jst learning the basics ive got all them tutorials now so im startin to make some better stuff.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
not bad for a begginer then again i dont use it at all im afraid of it hehe, keep it up and you might prove to be as good as some of the other members here XD,

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN

Tx

How is that helpful at all? no his signatures arent great but what do you expect when they are his initial attempts. They are a lot better than some other first attempts i have seen.

I know this forum is here for criticism but constructive criticism, your post wasnt at all. How about telling how he can improve instead of just saying his firsts attempts are not good at all. If you havent got anything worth posting.....dont post it.

They are good attempts Monk, stick with it, you will only become better with practice.

Monk2005

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2005
latest attmpt using tutorials etc....

Attachments

• retro.jpg
    retro.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 72

Rampage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2003
Coalville, Leicestershire
I like the last one.

The rest are badly done, and actually quite auful. All these people who are pussy footing around and just herding like sheep once again, get your own brains.

All it is is a colour with some very simple filters, no real attraction within them, try adding a splash of brushes, be spontaneous. Your latest one is ALOT better and so what if it's tutorialised, you're a learner. Not that I ever used them, don't get too much into tutorials as they tend to pretty much determine your style from then on.

Try and just download a few brushes and get messing around in photoshop, you'll soon get better.

Don't listen to many peoples critiscm on here, it tends to be bad..

Listen to people like TX, Beard, JealY, StoneHelm(when he posts) they know what they're talking about.

/Steish

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
I like the last one.

The rest are badly done, and actually quite auful. All these people who are pussy footing around and just herding like sheep once again, get your own brains.

All it is is a colour with some very simple filters, no real attraction within them, try adding a splash of brushes, be spontaneous. Your latest one is ALOT better and so what if it's tutorialised, you're a learner. Not that I ever used them, don't get too much into tutorials as they tend to pretty much determine your style from then on.

Try and just download a few brushes and get messing around in photoshop, you'll soon get better.

Don't listen to many peoples critiscm on here, it tends to be bad..

Listen to people like TX, Beard, JealY, StoneHelm(when he posts) they know what they're talking about.

/Steish

You’re confident enough to provide such bold critique yet you don't understand the process of creative development? You don't see potential through placement and colouring, just if it "looks good" in your opinion. If you ever develop a creative mind you'll come to learn that opinions in the world of imagery mean jack. There's no reason on earth he should listen to you, besides the fact that you've copied pretty much everything others and myself have already stated.

What's your practical advice? Use brushes? What is that? His placement is some of the best I've seen on this forum; I'd tell you to use brushes, your placement is all over the shop. End results get better with experience.

Art is something you have in your mind and are trying to express... obviously to a user with minimal experience in Photoshop the results aren't going to be beautiful, which is why you look past surface content.

You've got nerve, I'll give you that.

----------------------------------------------

Monk:

Your latest piece is much better, again a brilliant colour choice and range and top placement. However; I would try and use tutorials which give you a better understanding of the more advanced functions you can use, or even learn how to use the pen tool - I can see you doing well with that.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
You’re confident enough to provide such bold critique yet you don't understand the process of creative development? You don't see potential through placement and colouring, just if it "looks good" in your opinion. If you ever develop a creative mind you'll come to learn that opinions in the world of imagery mean jack. There's no reason on earth he should listen to you, besides the fact that you've copied pretty much everything others and myself have already stated.

What's your practical advice? Use brushes? What is that? His placement is some of the best I've seen on this forum; I'd tell you to use brushes, your placement is all over the shop. End results get better with experience.

Art is something you have in your mind and are trying to express... obviously to a user with minimal experience in Photoshop the results aren't going to be beautiful, which is why you look past surface content.

You've got nerve, I'll give you that.

----------------------------------------------

Monk:

Your latest piece is much better, again a brilliant colour choice and range and top placement. However; I would try and use tutorials which give you a better understanding of the more advanced functions you can use, or even learn how to use the pen tool - I can see you doing well with that.

Gotta agree with you 100% on this one mate. As I was reading through rampages post I couldn't help but disagree more and more... Why advise him to use brushes if eventually he can come out with some brilliant effects using filters, I feel brushes are the easy way out - The average brush user is not a skilled designer at all, it's the guy that made the brushes from scratch.

Also there are good points and bad points to almost every piece of design work, and believe it or not steish but there are good points to all these pieces. Ok so it's not exactly pro material but we already knew it wasn't when we read the thread title.

The guys trying, and to some extent succeeding. I'm sure after just these few designs he'll be starting to learn the software and come out with some nice designs overall.

Rampage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2003
Coalville, Leicestershire
How can his placement be good is all I'm asking?

There is nothing to be placed on there except in his recent piece WHICH I complimented...

His other pieces have some text on that's about it with a few filters, which in my opinion do not give a very nice effect. Also, if graphics isn't about how the final result looks- what is it about?

If the final result is bad, what's the point in even designing? Things like these are made to please the eyes. If something has 1000 layers but still looks crap, does that make it a good design? Or am I misunderstanding you and some others...?

/Steish

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
How can his placement be good is all I'm asking?

There is nothing to be placed on there except in his recent piece WHICH I complimented...

His other pieces have some text on that's about it with a few filters, which in my opinion do not give a very nice effect. Also, if graphics isn't about how the final result looks- what is it about?

If the final result is bad, what's the point in even designing? Things like these are made to please the eyes. If something has 1000 layers but still looks crap, does that make it a good design? Or am I misunderstanding you and some others...?

/Steish

I'm refering to the use of focal points and lighting effects, aswell as text placement, and graphic design is about more than something looking good. It's about expresion, creativity, and fulfilling a purpose.

i-AboD

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 23, 2005
I like the last one, and i ****ing hate it when people try to put a newcomer to graphics down, ****s.