which takes every exe on your computer etc

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Re: 2.3 Server

when i ran 2.3 files i found 2005 causes extreme lag which is why i used 2000, but still

Upvote 0

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009

Not tried 2005, but I've only heard bad things about it for 2.3, this is from several people, one of whom is a Microsoft Technician.

Upvote 0

James

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2010

anyone got a clean set of files, almost every download available from this site has win32/jeefo or some other malware

Upvote 0

Warda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2010
West Yorkshire
Old post but hey. I've got SQL 2000 and the only problem I get with it is that it decides to stop working after so long, and I'm not very good with SQL so my only method of bringing it back to a 'working' state (couldn't think of another word lol) is to re-install it. However, just recently I've re-installed it because it wasn't working, yet again, and this time it's not coming on at all lol. Think my next option is to try SQL 2005. Unless someone has any suggestions on what's going wrong, the problem is: in the bottom right corner of the desktop (Tool Bar), the SQL Service Manager function only seems to stay in the 'Stop' mode and when I click the 'Start' button it doesn't come back on basically. This time however, it says "The service did not start due to a logon failure." - I click OK and I get the error message "An error 1069 ... etc". I havn't really checked through the whole forum so I apologise if there is already a thread related to these problems. If you have any solutions to this problem, the help would be greatly appreciated, my other alternative is to download SQL 2005. Oh and if this helps: I'm on Windows XP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0