[2.6] Aeolian Server - Explained In Detail

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElmoLite

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2006
South Wales

Aeolian Server Mir 2.6

Current Aeolian Network Online Games:
Legend Of Mir 2
RoSE Online
MapleStory

Exhibition-Stage Signup
Forum: www.Aeolian-Mir.com/forum
Web Streaming Radio: www.Aeolian-Mir.com/radio.html

Note: Information hasn't be compiled yet, and there is a lot missing from this post and the thread. The information is spread over this thread and several threads on our forum.
Starting Level: 1, then once reached 5 you are leveled to 28.

18 different kits for each gender.
Hundreds of new items.
New province, temples, dungeons, arenas, misc
New Quests
New Monsters
New Spells
In-game Help demonstration through graphics in windows
A lot more!

Gain Experience through killing monsters, killing people in PvP Province and completing quests!
Recieve Karma Points, a new coded feature that are acquired by misc good deeds.

Rather than present you with everything Aeolian 2.3 has, I will be explaining how this will be completely unique.
I know, words such as 'unique' are thrown about a lot on LOMCN, no doubt about that; but I am a man of my word. I pride myself on perfection, and Aeolian will be no different.

The server will be a high-rate exp server. I know there are a lot of oldies out there who prefer the classic low-rate server, where it is believed more effort is needed. The fact is whether it being a low-rate, a med-rate or a high-rate server, effort is only judged on what the player puts into it.
If you put the same amount of effort you do into a 3x exp server as you do into a 120x exp server, then you will be a dominator.

Now, instead of boring you with information I doubt most of you are interested in as of this moment, I think it's best if I just put some key elements of Aeolian 2.3.

How Gameplay Works:

Quests/Missions:
With quests, there will be 2 categories: Quests and Missions.
Quests are simply missions that can be done in a matter of 30mins or a few hours, where as missions will be the servers' role-playing element's primary focus and could last for a few days, rewarding the player with stats/experience, depending on their level.
With experience rewards and missions, I want it to be balanced with PvE (Player vs Environment) levelling; 2 weeks spent doing missions will earn you a similar amount of experience as 2 weeks of fighting in a decent temple.
This way, people won't get bored and won't have to grind through mindless hours of killing mediocre monsters.

PvP:
Instead of holding the majority of PvPs in Bichon, there will be a specific province.
It will start with an NPC giving a short background story on the PvP province and then ask the player would they like to be teleported to the there. On teleportation inside of the PK Planes infirmary, the player will be leveled to a high level (95-120) and all his/her kit will be taken from him/her and put in their storage. Then they will speak to another NPC inside the infirmary where they will be high-stat given kit, depending on their gender/class.
Their will be 2 modes of battle: Exp and Gold:
The teleporting NPC will check if you have 100,000+ gold, but will not take any. Because when you are PKd in the PvP province you will lose some of your gold, per PK. The 2nd mode will be experience; on kill the player will lose some of their in-world (not PvP province) experience points, nothing huge, but when they start to get killed a few dozen times it will become quite devestating (this also depends on their level).
If somebody PKs another character in the PvP province, they are rewarded with whatever mode they chose: experience/gold.
If they want to go back, they will return to the infirmary, de-leveled back to their original level, kit removed and teleported to Bichon's storage where a dialogue box will explain that their original kit is in their storage account.

If there is any confusion about this, look down the page (#1) for some explanations and further detail.

PvE:
Aeolian will orientated around Group/Guild PvEs, which is done for a reason. By enforcing the ideology of guild/group PvEs, this will ceate a closer community, allowing people to become more familar with each other, thus bettering their time spent on Aeolian.

On First Logging On:
After you have chosen your desired class and gender, you will start on your own estate; Home. There you will begin as a warrior, having the choice to either complete the quests and earn some experience points, or teleporting straight to Bichon Castle where you will be again changed to your original class.
Your Home Estate is where the story begins, a young soldier wanting to break free of their boundaries after the deaths of their older siblings, growing in experience and power as the story progresses.
And yes, quests/missions will be very storyline-orientated.
Detail of what to expect on first logging in. Click Me

So, any input you have or any questions, feel free to post.
No tolerance will be shared on petty squabbles brought into this thread.

EDIT:
Incase you were wondering what Home looks like:

Instead of a group player cap of 8, it is now 20.
Prajna Island (which has been renamed) has been divided into two colonies, with a spin-off storyline.
PvP Province map is now finished completely. You are also now able to temporarily change class whilst there.

I'm trying not to reveal too much, as I really do like to leave things for the players themselves. But don't think this is everything, it's only the tip of the iceberg.

Some questions answered:
Will you only be able to PvP and PK in te PvP Province?
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=604511&postcount=12

So are there any other ways to progress/level in Aeolian, apart from PvE?
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=604521&postcount=15

I'm having trouble understand the PvP Province; does your kit stay the same? What about modes and levels?

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=604531&postcount=19

So what's this about 'Home'?
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=604728&postcount=25

So what are the files hosted from? Is it dedicated to running the files only? And what are the specs?
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=605189&postcount=32

I'm confused... is this just some PvP server?
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=605192&postcount=34

Last edited:

JoeAshton

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 4, 2006
Re: [2.3] Aeolian Server - Explained In Detail

Cool gl with it :)

Dalisu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 18, 2004
N.Ireland

sounds like you know what your doing, are these just ideas or have you already started making server?

ElmoLite

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2006
South Wales

sounds like you know what your doing, are these just ideas or have you already started making server?

These ideas are in practice, yeah.

Most of the stuff I've outlined has been pretty easy to implement. The only reason it may seem alien is because the majority of servers are quite generic and not much effort is put into the server's character and inituative.

GhettoFx

Runescape HD
Golden Oldie
May 17, 2005

Nice if u need helping hand tell me i'll try to help u out buddy

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004

Sounds good.

One thing i will point out though is that on your maps the lights for the lamps need to be offset below and right of the lamp, otherwise ingame they appear to be floating in mid air as their placement is a little out.

lightce4.jpg

Nice ideas. Good luck with it.

-Lind

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P

very nice m8, like wot uv put into the first post :) and the pvp arena looks good and i like the sound of that.

just a few questions, will EXP be low med or high?? and item stats same agen?? just the basics to go thru, if ur not 100% sure atm just say and report bk wen u have a better idea m8.

wish ya all the best with server m8 hope it goes well for u

ElmoLite

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2006
South Wales

Ayye thanks for that Dookie, realised this earlier on and ammendments have been made :)

very nice m8, like wot uv put into the first post :) and the pvp arena looks good and i like the sound of that.

just a few questions, will EXP be low med or high?? and item stats same agen?? just the basics to go thru, if ur not 100% sure atm just say and report bk wen u have a better idea m8.

wish ya all the best with server m8 hope it goes well for u

It isn't a PvP Arena bud.
The exp will be pretty high. And item stats aren't the same... at all. I've had to totally change the item stats, along with mob stats.

About the exp, let's say level 120 will be considered pretty high. Though, it's a pretty difficult concept to grasp; a lot of people simply just go into the setup file and change a few figures, which seems pretty lazy. I've completely revamped the SQL, you'll barely see anything similar to Euro.

@ forspinki, you can bet on it. There's a reason why I'm announcing it only a few weeks before peoples' school holidays; gives me a lot of time to implement anything else that comes to mind, allows me to have a resourceful and reliable alpha stage (this is basically just a few people in game as a guild spending a week or so levelling, mainly testing out the stat balance - other things won't be an issue as it doesn't get confirmed unless it's bug-free) and allows me to release the server to the hundreds of teens who play euro and private servers who have become bored.

@Ghettofx, thanks for the offer bud, but atm I think I can handle it :)

Last edited:

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums

Are you saying you can only pk and fight in the pvp arena?

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK

Seems well thought out,

May be worth a gander hehe :) I wish you all the best with it and nice work so far by the looks of things.

ElmoLite

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2006
South Wales

Are you saying you can only pk and fight in the pvp arena?

No not at all, sorry if I come across saying that; What I'm saying is there will be a PK/PvP specific 'plane' which should prove effective as instead of watching a high level/high stat kill someone's who's only just logged on, you'll see (in the pvp province)a high level/high stat PK a high level/high stat and seeing them get rewarded experience/gold.
The PvP Province, I assure you will be (at the moment) the only place where you are de-leveled and have your stats changed, as it is only temporary.

Hope that clears things up for you :)

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China

i think he just meens instead of people going out of sz in bw they can juust tele to this other town and kick some ass there :D

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

would it take u back to ur original level when u tele back out tho?

i can see how u could have done it, but god, that musta taken ages lol

ElmoLite

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2006
South Wales

i think he just meens instead of people going out of sz in bw they can juust tele to this other town and kick some ass there :D

Basically.

I wanted to create multiple objectives for the game. Who said that all you can do is level, in order to become powerfull?
Aeolian defeats this arhcaic ideology, giving you multiple ways to level and progress in the server: PvP/PvE/Quest(/Missions)/PK

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

aye id agree, it sounds different and new, gl with it

ElmoLite

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2006
South Wales

would it take u back to ur original level when u tele back out tho?

i can see how u could have done it, but god, that musta taken ages lol

Yeah, it takes you back to your original level. Example:

I'm a male taoist, I login one day at the level of 45 with mediocre stats. I go to an NPC who then teleports me to this PvP Province and levels me to 100 (hypothetically, it isn't decided what level you are changed to, though it's not a problem to edit) and hightens my stats.
He then takes away all of my kit and tells me that it is in my storage (If there is not enough storage room for kit, you are not teleported in the first place and allows you to manage your storage from a nearby NPC) and provides you with high-stat kit, similar to every other taoists there (and wiz/taoist too, as it will be balanced).
The NPC will then ask you what 'mode' would you like to play in, you have a choice between experience or gold. You choose experience. You then exit the 'infirmary' where you begin to PK all in sight.
Though not everyone chose the mode of experience, you still gain what you would anyways, and they lose x gold.
You then return to the infirmary after you have died (Which you can then run right back out or stay in there, as it is a safezone) and talk to the NPC again, where he will count how many points you have gathered (to save cross-province PKs and experience share, every PK acquired in the province will be points) and then teleport you back, where there is a nearby storage NPC, as your stats and level are set to their original state.
You are rewarded in experience, depending on how many points you have. You then can get your kit, and proceed with playing the game.

It's a pretty complex system to understand, not so much with the implementation though. In particular, this system is being and will be thoroughly tested.

@John
Expect a release sometime in early/mid July.
- Though this is off the top of my head, I won't bring out Aeolian if I feel improvements are compulsory.

Last edited:

Monkeh

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2007
Wales, UK

when you change back fromt he pvp area do your experience bar stay as it was before or is it changing back to 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.