ACPI on XP

socar

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2003
Hello,

Got a problem and need help.

My system is a Sony Vaio laptop, model : VPCF12m0E, quad core 1.76ghz,4 gig ram, windows 7 pre isntalled.

Basically ive downloaded Rev11 tiny XP and installed on a partition so that i cna duel boot both 7 and XP SP3.
Ok so ive gone to XP and now i go to Device Manager > Computer> and change from ACPI Multiprocessor to Advanced Config Power interface (PC).

It tells me to reboot to finish the update. So i reboot and windows starts up on the loading screen but then freezes. And this keeps happening every time i reboot.

Now my BIOS doesnt have an options about ACPi or anything else, all i cna change is tiem and date and boot setup. Oh and a vitrual intell boost option which is diabled.

The Xp im using is Beast edition 2 but ive also installed the full version of XP SP 3 Pro and it still has the same problem.

Can any1 help with this or had the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Problem is, ACPI doesn't work on 90% of laptops. If you BIOS doesn't show any type of ACPI, you genuinely won't be able to go ACPI.

If you truly want to go ACPI just buy a cheap 100quid PC and ACPI that. Or, start playing a Heroes server, where ACPI makes no difference.

socar

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2003
The reason im trying this is because a mate has bought a new laptop about 2 months ago and has installed XP and acpi'd it and has has no problems , now he zooms around inagame. He doesnt have a clue why mty laptop wont allow it. =/

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
What make / motherboard does he and you have. If you've got a Dell you can kiss that good bye as they disable editing of the BIOS. I'm assuming he's got a laptop that allows changes to the BIOS to be made and also supports ACPI, perhaps you should ask him and get the same laptop :P

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
If you've got a Dell you can kiss that good bye as they disable editing of the BIOS. I'm assuming he's got a laptop that allows changes to the BIOS to be made and also supports ACPI,

He already said it's a vaio.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Not true , you can install XP on your Vaio and rollback the drivers ... you want the one that says ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) On your device manager.

If its for mir then get yourself TinyXP and rollback the driver for the ACPI once, if you find TinyXP - eXperience then ul get .REG files that disable unwanted services.

Vaio's are annoying tho .. ive got one and almost all the extra key functions don't work and its a BITCH to get all the chipsets working on XP if its a VISTA or Win7 vaio ...