Annoying search thing.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
I've tried everything i can think of and cant fix this, hoping someone like UrbanFox can help me out...

When i installed Photoshop trial it installed a funny search tool with it... But after uninstalling Photoshop the search thing remains, now everytime i open an IE window this search tool comes up. Theres no installation thing for it so i cant uninstall it from the add/remove programs bit, i've looked in my registries. I've delete search folder in program files, which mucked up my windows search. Tried disabling third party website cookies. deleted all spyware stuff i can find and now im out of ideas.

heres what it looks like:

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Chesnut said:
I've tried everything i can think of and cant fix this, hoping someone like UrbanFox can help me out...

When i installed Photoshop trial it installed a funny search tool with it... But after uninstalling Photoshop the search thing remains, now everytime i open an IE window this search tool comes up. Theres no installation thing for it so i cant uninstall it from the add/remove programs bit, i've looked in my registries. I've delete search folder in program files, which mucked up my windows search. Tried disabling third party website cookies. deleted all spyware stuff i can find and now im out of ideas.

heres what it looks like:

Have you tried right clicking on an open space in IE and unchecking it (this will also tell you what it is called which will help in the removal process). Post back what it's called. You could try some anti-spyware and see if it pops up

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
urbanfox said:
Have you tried right clicking on an open space in IE and unchecking it (this will also tell you what it is called which will help in the removal process). Post back what it's called. You could try some anti-spyware and see if it pops up

Yea ive tried the right click thing, and as i cant right click the searchbar i dont know what its called, which is msot of the reason i havent got rid of it by now =/ any other suggestions appreciated.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Chesnut said:
Yea ive tried the right click thing, and as i cant right click the searchbar i dont know what its called, which is msot of the reason i havent got rid of it by now =/ any other suggestions appreciated.

Have you tried rightclicking internet explorer itself, like right next to the help menu? What about something like adaware 6.0?

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
urbanfox said:
Have you tried rightclicking internet explorer itself, like right next to the help menu? What about something like adaware 6.0?

Yeh i have adaware 6.0 with all updates and use it once a day, and when i right click next to help all i get is:

Standard Buttons (Checked)
Address Bar (Checked)
Links (Checked)
Lock The Toolbar

mrj6000

try looking in program files for something like it and uninstalling it.. or unlocking the toolbar and hiding it.
btw congrats on 1000 posts chestnut n urban.. :) nearly there..

BountieHunter1

LOMCN Pro Member
Golden Oldie
Oct 18, 2003
London
Chesnut said:
Yeh i have adaware 6.0 with all updates and use it once a day, and when i right click next to help all i get is:

Standard Buttons (Checked)
Address Bar (Checked)
Links (Checked)
Lock The Toolbar

Have you tried pestpatrol?