Any real demand for Mir 2 anymore? What we had vs What we have

P1anetEarth

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2018
ive been doing it for about 5 years and i still **** alot of stuff up, copy n paste experet tbh :)
Thats all I do tbh hahaha Ctrl + C then Ctrl + P and reword abit, I have alot of ideas I want for the code but ain't got a ******* clue how to impliment things haha

leebjordan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2011
Correct me if im thinking along the wrong lines but "all this tier system, slots..." is this directed at my recent video on the lomcn discord showing off my item tier system? :ROFLMAO: or is it just perfect timing because ive not seen any other server do multiple tier items
Not seen your stuff my man lol Apoc Mir, and the Egyptian Del Boy was what i've seen. There is just set kits for set levels, you tier and slot, and everyone has identical kit. No variation or style. Off the top of my head, hang ma brace or spirit reformers, you had ac or amc to pick from when making your kit. When an item drops, it's worth nothing. It's a set item which everyone will have, you need to roll slots and tier, so mundane. It's like a digital version of 200 middle aged men competing to drive the same audi TT and have the same Mrs with the same fake tits lol
Agility doesn't seem to work on hardly any servers I've played. MR n PR, so many stats are irrelevant now. Let's all just buy GG to get the same brace across the board ac5-5 amc5-5 sdc/mc/sc 5-5.

Maybe I'm the odd one out, and putting real money into this system is "fun". I like unique items, items that dropped with extra stats which made it better than something typical of a higher level.
You need a GG system I understand, I think another thing is to make a system to sell gold/ items/ accounts for players and the house gets a cut. Rather than just pretend it doesn't happen or ban people. This way the server creator is getting compensated and scammers have no place. The gold still needs collecting, it was "earned". Let them sell it and take a cut, same as levelling a character etc.
its a shame your use npc scripting for the upgrading, a nice gui would have made that awesome :)
ETA on your server master? :D

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Pay2Win classification varies from person to person.

Some people think having just exp pots and other small consumables is pay to win.
To me P2W gameshops are when basically the more you donate, the higher n higher advantage you can get (so for example item enhancers like gems, item chests etc)

The problem with your suggestion in getting involved in account selling (which is P2W in itself) Gold sellers etc is, you then have to admin it all, get involved in any complaint, any transaction dispute etc and it's just not worth the GMs time for it.

You will always get the heavy duty P2W servers and then others (including myself) where we do have Gameshops but try to give everyone an even keel; exp pots that last 12hours for a quid rather than 2quid+ for 1 hour.
An alternative currency you can earn to buy gameshop items with anyway (so the people who invest a lot of time in can get the same advantages the casuals who want to donate)

It's getting the right balance

Also @Valhalla nice tier system!

Reactions: Valhalla

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
I would rather get playing a server that is not P2W.

No money needs spending on playing a server. All game-related stuff should be in game and not out.

leebjordan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2011
Pay2Win classification varies from person to person.

Some people think having just exp pots and other small consumables is pay to win.
To me P2W gameshops are when basically the more you donate, the higher n higher advantage you can get (so for example item enhancers like gems, item chests etc)

The problem with your suggestion in getting involved in account selling (which is P2W in itself) Gold sellers etc is, you then have to admin it all, get involved in any complaint, any transaction dispute etc and it's just not worth the GMs time for it.

You will always get the heavy duty P2W servers and then others (including myself) where we do have Gameshops but try to give everyone an even keel; exp pots that last 12hours for a quid rather than 2quid+ for 1 hour.
An alternative currency you can earn to buy gameshop items with anyway (so the people who invest a lot of time in can get the same advantages the casuals who want to donate)

It's getting the right balance

Also @Valhalla nice tier system!
I played one of yours light a couple years ago, the shop wasn't OP it was fair.
Account selling / gold selling is PW2 like you say, however the rate it affects the whole server is minimal. A single character would take weeks/months to level. When you have say 30 people all p2w from launch, it means within a couple weeks of going live that it's almost a pointless task to join that server now.

I started the latest one, can't even think of the name. 3gena server. Nobody has any gold, trying to trade all in GG its ridiculous lol Try to sell something and nobody has money to offer, asking me what I want from gameshop... mounts with huge stats, like wearing 2 armours. Shoulder pads with huge stats, orbs to upgrade items, hard torches for dura loss... just don't see the entertainment factor.

I'd rather book a holiday than outpay a bunch of nerds for pixels, what happened to outPLAY? Sanj on Euro reborn had jobs so you could craft items and they had chance of extra stats, you could refine and dragonforge things. Was multiple ways to enhance items to create unique kit, and not be able to really by donating. I think very similar to your servers where it's mainly exp and drop scrolls to purchase with gamegold?

leebjordan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2011
Edit: I understand that the Deadly "Blade" is actually a mace, need to correct that :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 27353

This is identical to models already out there my man. No USP :( just an army of characters wearing the same item, tier 3.
One with high acc for pvp, one with more speed for solo hunting, one with a balance of stats.... so many skins out there to recycle, let's get creative! (my viewpoint) The old FireBloodSword make into a pvp wep, Dragon sword for speed / solo, then these things too.

fmtf_

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2015
Unfortunately this is the way of the gamer these days. You don't have to level long to reach end game on any game i can think of in this day and age, IIRC i don't think anyone hit the level cap atleast on Mir 3 Ignis. It's sort of dumb to reach end game early with no content afterwards but it obviously keeps happening because of the in-ability to grind and take it as a slow burning game. Yea not all of us are 15 anymore, but remember.. there were older players with commitments back in the day also, so that excuse really has no value to it.

It was infuriating to see refines all hitting +10 with ease plus a whole tonne of other stupid **** added to the weapon just so you can melt enemies, takes zero effort and also takes away the value of a good refine, or a fresh drop with an added stat on it. Making weapons like J-maces actually difficult to obtain, makes the weapons above so much more epic, but yea you get everyone with the same weapon because.. feelings are hurt if they don't get a drop on there first hunt of the day.

Mir has become legend of snowflake unfortunately. People want easy mode and that's why servers get pumped out every few months and people leave.

My experience is only from mir3, but it seems to be a similar scenario occurring in 2 also. I wont touch a private server again, which means i probably wont touch the game again, it will always be one of the best MMO's i played, had the most fun because it was actually a grind, but not from any server I've played in the last 10 years.

i hope you don't try and fight it for too long, save your energy

Last edited:
Reactions: leebjordan

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
Mir is a competitive game, players will always try and get the edge on others in any way shape or form. Unfortunately in recent years, server owners have capitalised on this. Once one server started doing it, it was only natural that every subsequent server was going to follow suit.

My personal opinion is that it is slowly killing mir.
There are less casual players now than there has ever been and I completely understand why, I've not played any mir server for a very long time. I am a casual player and not willing to spend £££'s to stay competitive.

On a side note, some people may know. I have been working on and off on my server for the past 5-6 years. This thread is quite interesting for me as I've been having an internal fight about even including a gameshop or not.

As many have mentioned, it's about getting the right balance.

Dk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wumatica

RandomHero
Golden Oldie
Nov 21, 2007
I think a membership thing like RuneScape has would solve a lot of the problems. Like most of you mention the playerbase has become older and almost everyone has a (full-time) job so is able to pay between 5 and 10 euro's/gbp monthly. This way the server owners can still make some bucks if the server is good and players dont have an edge over other players.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know about older player base, on discord it looks like teen bash and same here as soon as PvP or game balance gets discussed.

Like the OP said, I can't enjoy what I don't earn in game on game's terms.

Some thought on the longevity of servers.
Overtime all servers have developed schemes to keep casuals in tow but nothing is done to make solo playing more viable which is probably most casual players mode of play. Way too many caves are group admission only, at least some servers let solo players go in grp caves also which is good even if you need to be much higher level to be able to hunt there.

Solo playing also has the pitfall that you can find cave lineup at some stage is not suitable for your char class, I abandoned quite a few servers when I found next several caves in the lineup way too hard for war class and couldn't bridge the gap. Fresh example is Utopia where right now I need to make a jump from ST directly to PT and bypass ZT, TPath, PSC. Those three places have mobs that hit you from afar and they do carry a punch on 3gena's servers. And even PT has guards right as you step in, no rest for the wicked I suppose. But if he wonders after a time why the server population is dropping off...

I suppose GS has items that would greatly help with those places but meh, maybe some new server will start soon. Short expiry times on GS or quest items is also casual player unfriendly.

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Really the GameShop should be healthy for the game and players.

As always I plan to have things like the second storage page (Also able to buy temporarily for gold), additional inventory slot expansions (again a gold cost), Knowledge torches and low increase stat torches.
Addition to that, I do like having the base line consumables such as Stat pots and EXP Pots (nothing over tuned) but it only gives a temporary advantage.

Lastly I will have the likes of stat reroll pots (for a custom feature - also again ,obtainable by gold) and mounts.

However you will also be able to gain most of these from just playing (via hunt points - revamped from Odyssey).

The remaining things for example mounts, will give you the initial hit of better stats, however there are better droppable versions in the game; it is more a case of patience over payment in that sense.

The big problem with allowing your players to buy their way to the top in a Gameshop (with items, item lootboxes and stuff like quality orbs etc) means that it takes the very essence of your game away, and really chunks the longevity of a server.
The whole thing of Mir is farming to get better items and either selling them to enhance multiple bits of kit or wielding the beast of an item that dropped.

The excitement of drops is all but void if you get that, but in the same time someone can get the same or better items by just throwing their wallet at the game.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
We're not all kids anymore, with a **** ton of spare time on our hands. The "casuals" get pushed out and bored as they struggle to find a decent guild. Group hunting for levelling has become obsolete on most servers as people find it better in a smaller group or 2 or 3.
Therefore, every server you see the same players who race to the top, get much higher than others too quickly and become unbeatable. They get free reins of the bosses etc etc.

If the server is low rate, the casuals drop off because of these said players/groups basically stopping them from levelling, bossing.
Those who raced to the top get bored quicker and moan/quit.

Rinse and repeat.

I'd love a server that somehow combats this... But I have no idea how that would be.
The last server I really saw most guilds group hunt levelling was Euro Reborn.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
We're not all kids anymore, with a **** ton of spare time on our hands. The "casuals" get pushed out and bored as they struggle to find a decent guild. Group hunting for levelling has become obsolete on most servers as people find it better in a smaller group or 2 or 3.
Therefore, every server you see the same players who race to the top, get much higher than others too quickly and become unbeatable. They get free reins of the bosses etc etc.

If the server is low rate, the casuals drop off because of these said players/groups basically stopping them from levelling, bossing.
Those who raced to the top get bored quicker and moan/quit.

Rinse and repeat.

I'd love a server that somehow combats this... But I have no idea how that would be.
The last server I really saw most guilds group hunt levelling was Euro Reborn.
I had an idea of all caves have a cut off, so if WoomaTemple is for 30-40, after you hit 40, you enter the "over 40" instance version, same as the normal but it protects the low levels and allows them to level and boss, and compete against their own levels.

Alternatively I think daily instance like maps also offset this problem