Artificial Mir 2 - Discussion Thread

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Slayer1985

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi can anyone help me with the holy sword quest (red moon sword ) i farmed jade crystal from big apes handed in that part to the npc in tao school but their wasnt a follow on! thanks

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
honestly, I wish we could just choose our own UI, that would be much better

but yeah, if we can get a 1280x720 resolution option, that would be fantastic. Integer scaling is the only way forward. I hate the way monitors scale lower resolutions up. it's blurry as fck

Last edited:
Reactions: ventus

UnDeRTaKeR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 15, 2014
Jordan
its so low rate server , i left the game already
after lvl 25 u need 1 week 24/h lvling to get 1 lvl lol
i didn see any admin online to tell him my point
good luck

• Dislike
Reactions: Sanjian and deano13

HxH

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 17, 2017
its so low rate server , i left the game already
after lvl 25 u need 1 week 24/h lvling to get 1 lvl lol
i didn see any admin online to tell him my point
good luck
premium cave pass is kinda must to have if u r between lvl 22-41..assuming u r wiz, or have a wiz friend.....the best cave to grind for exp and gold.....tbh i almost quit like u, until i found out Premium Cave...

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey,

1) Premium cave - Is this a pass only obtainable from game store or drop from something?

2) How do heroes work? Are they stuck on the same spell like wizz hero locked into to just casting T bolt? Wondering which class to role if i can just have a tao hero with psn might not go my usual tao

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
1) Premium pass is only from store but cheap

2) Guard rental also from store will boost your 1-20 progress by double the speed, then unlock a hero at lvl20 for 200k, although be careful it will be lvl1 and need a little tender care otherwise it’s a GS scroll res or 70k on it.

If u main Tao then your be going for a sin hero no doubt and spending your available funds on kitting the sin kit.

If you main a wiz there’s really no other option than to grab a wiz hero for a constant duo TS buddy at all times.

If you main a warrior then a good hero match is Tao for constant buffs poison etc.

Not too sure on archer and sin just know there quite slow to lvl if your solo.

Lots of skills can be learned by hero’s (not all but a fair bit, and they do the same damage as a main would)

@Seanofsmeg

Reactions: Seanofsmeg

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
seems to have a lot of buying this and buying that just to progress a bit quicker? or can the stuff be purchased with gold also?

Reactions: Seanofsmeg

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
seems to have a lot of buying this and buying that just to progress a bit quicker? or can the stuff be purchased with gold also?

Everything is very cheap like pence cheap, but yes you are right there are

Dungeon Scrolls
Town Scrolls
Guard Rental 1-20
Player Res Scrolls
Hero Res Scrolls
30% exp Scrolls
Premium Dungeon pass (better caves)
20% Drop scrolls
Hard Torch
PvP Torch

As I said everything is mega cheap BUT if you want to be competitive it’s quite a clever gameshop and you will spend £10-£20 a week.

If your happy to just have the initial boost of guard and premium dungeon then you can get away with £5-£10 no worries though 👍🏻

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
I’ve played server since live and reached the cap level, as it’s impossible to level up now. Here’s my genuine opinion of the server:

Lack of communication from server owners which is a big red flag as it shows their not committed.

Fishing ruined the server, as it’s advertised as a low rate but everyone got +3 on their kit, so it’s easy to acquire max speed for meeles which makes it extremely hard to balance. Even when it was obvious that fishing was ruining server balance they allowed it in place to help boost its user count dramatically

35 gear is effevtively better than 45 gear, as it’s not rare and you can break as many with gems to achieve desired outcome, so what’s point in boss hunting and getting 45 gear items when you can just buy cheap gems and make an 35 item better?

Bosses are not a challenge. Most bosses can be solo with a few odd exceptions of bosses. Why bring a group with you when you can kill a boss or better yet why bring more than necessary group to kill a boss as it means you’ll have to split the drop. This means it’s often small groups v small groups for big bosses

Lack of fights - Any bad server can survive if there’s competition and fighting going on like OS but this server practically has none. No one nowadays brothers to turn up for OK/OKS as what’s the point? 45 gear is useless, bosses rarely drop, so if you have all your spells then it’s pointless. The worst part is there isn’t even a functioning SW last time I checked

Balance - most people agreed with certain spells are broken and needs revisiting which GMs have agreed in some aspect but none was addressed even though the fix would take a couple of seconds to implement.

I do like Chriz and he seems like a wonderful guy but with all honesty I don’t think this server will survive much longer. The next following month/two I expect a big drop off from the usercount if they don’t do some serious work

Reactions: ventus

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
My main thing of not going back on is (now I have time and my mentality isn't in the shitter), I dont actually know what kind of player base I am playing with.

It sounds stupid to think that way, but I have no idea if I am playing a 600 UC server with 300-400 active players or a 600UC server with 100 active players.

Server when I played it, like any other server had its + and -, and with any server I would advise playing it and seeing if it is your cup of tea.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
My main thing of not going back on is (now I have time and my mentality isn't in the shitter), I dont actually know what kind of player base I am playing with.

It sounds stupid to think that way, but I have no idea if I am playing a 600 UC server with 300-400 active players or a 600UC server with 100 active players.

Server when I played it, like any other server had its + and -, and with any server I would advise playing it and seeing if it is your cup of tea.

Same issue people have with Arcadia and stalls i guess? I recall it being said TD coded something into 2.3 to pick up on "AFK" players and remove them from U/C? Could the team not code something in to exclude players with fishing rods equipped from the count?

May damage their u/c but could be used for ingame atleast?

"There is currently 250 active players, and 210 fishing"

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
No server owner in their right mind will willingly code that into the files lol.

The user count is worth it's weight in gold for servers...why do you think Tai now charges you for it to be shown? No one will pay for it, and then ruin it's benefit by coding in something like that :D

Bloating of user counts is common as piss...everyone has done it, Zircon files do it with people afk leveling pigs...Arcadia with stalls...others have simply faked it. Artificial I hear even include Heroes in their player count which is hilarious...if true would mean actual bots are being counted as well as all the afk fishing due to multi-box fishing, due to it's worth in gold selling because of the over inflated stats it's causing that people have mentioned.

When you think about it...we have ventured into some really shady gaming practises that we see and complain about all the time, just for the sake of making money...ultimately it's just killing off what's left of this community, soon Mir will truly be dead as the only people left will be people with more money than sense or a bunch of cash grab servers that this forum is still reluctant to tackle...just looking at Artificials Gameshop, I would be hard pressed to call that fair by any stretch of the imagination when you start throwing in Premium passes, and this is a server run by one of the longer standing members of this forum...just shows how far we have fallen, I haven't been further away from Mir than I am today in 16 years, and this is due to the recent barrage of servers that are releasing...a lot of others feel the same way, hence the need to bloat the user counts with afk mechanics, simple faking or just server re-releases.

Yikes...train of thought went wild, but you get the idea!

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i thought faking a usercount was considered an offence in the eye of LOMCN?

surely arti arnt using heroes to be counted as part of the UC, i cant see Chriz doing that tbh