[CD3.55] Backing up my files

smoochy boys on tour

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
So, now my files are at a point where i feel they are worth backing up. How would i go about doing this?

Thanx in advance

woogyeman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 23, 2010
SQL Can be set to auto backup at any specified time you care to. Currently on a not too busy server I back up automatically every 12 hours through the settings in SQL. Click Databases after sql is open so databases show in Right window, and right click a database. Click all tasks and then Mainainance plan, and run wizard set to backup all MIR databases at whatever interval you like having it make a folder for each one. make sure you have clicked service manager on task bar and set "Distributed Transaction Cordinator" And "SQL Server Agent" to Auto-start when OS starts so auto back up can function.

Make a set of all your server files and save them to a DVD-RW in RAR format and when you make changes to your environment, or server in general make a backup of the whole thing and put on DVD so you always got exactly what your running to restore. and then Maybe...just Maybe... if SQL AND MIR Realy Realy, REALY... Like you if you crash you may be able to get back to where you were if you have an angel on your shoulder and everything is right for you in the stars that day...but at least you can get most of it back reasonably close.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
SQL Can be set to auto backup at any specified time you care to. Currently on a not too busy server I back up automatically every 12 hours through the settings in SQL. Click Databases after sql is open so databases show in Right window, and right click a database. Click all tasks and then Mainainance plan, and run wizard set to backup all MIR databases at whatever interval you like having it make a folder for each one. make sure you have clicked service manager on task bar and set "Distributed Transaction Cordinator" And "SQL Server Agent" to Auto-start when OS starts so auto back up can function.

Make a set of all your server files and save them to a DVD-RW in RAR format and when you make changes to your environment, or server in general make a backup of the whole thing and put on DVD so you always got exactly what your running to restore. and then Maybe...just Maybe... if SQL AND MIR Realy Realy, REALY... Like you if you crash you may be able to get back to where you were if you have an angel on your shoulder and everything is right for you in the stars that day...but at least you can get most of it back reasonably close.

thanx for the reply!

Upvote 0