BF 2 - Special forces expansion

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
Im just wondering does anyone have this and what there oppinions on it is? I like bf2 and the expansion looked good and im wanting the new tier 2 weapons but ive bought expansions/games in the past that have looked good and turned out poor.

so just wondering anyones views on it and is it worth buying.

Thanks

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
I'd say no, but as there is reported to only be one more patch for bf2... everyone will start moving to SF.

It's crazy really to be paying £20 for a few new maps and a couple of new weapons/vehicles, but that's EA for you. In my opinion the only thing that's been improved is taking jets out of the game, as they were a pain in the ass. Artillery is still there, and is still ****ing annoying... you're supposed to be some sneaky ****ing sniper with your night vision on and the commander either does a UAV so you get shot in the face, or you get Art'd...

The night vision is complete gash, the grappling hook is brilliant... but they give it to everyone but the spec op and sniper. The crossbow is pretty good fun, but because there is a badge made for it... at least 2 members of every team will sit there the whole round at base shooting it into the ground to get their points. AT has now got a half decent weapon, so everyone's complaining about that.

To summarise, it has its faults... but it's still a fun game, and hiding in the shadows is pretty fun, along with running people down with the forklifts.