Black screen after login screen...

Kick

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2003
After a crap load of problems i actually made an account only to be greeted by a totally black screen after i type in my password/id then select ktest server.

I left it for a minute or so to hear the character select/create music but still saw nothing :-/
I continued to leave it be without clicking anywhere and a box popped up saying "You need to make a character before starting."

I extracted the 3 .ini files and the mir4.exe from C:\mir3server\Mud3\Client
into the mir3 main client folder and am using the mir4.exe to boot server up.

Any help is much appreciated.
Or message [email protected] if your in the mood to really help :)

iamdeath

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
lol now for the good news lol you need 1gig of ram and 3gig cpu to run it client and server on the same comp m8 lol

Upvote 0

Kick

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2003
That's not true actually ;)
My old pc had 800mhz processor and 700and something ram and ran it on the same pc. All you gotta do is have no guards and alter the spawns.
I've been told it's more than likely my mir4.exe i used the one from MSRF2.9b server files.
If anyone else wants to post a link to another mir4.exe i'll see if that works.

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Two files that control them screens :-

GameInter.wix/wil
and
Interface1c.wil/wix

One of them sounds like its corrupted or the pictures are on the wrong location thus showing a black square instead of a picture....

Upvote 0

iamdeath

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
well from the time in your post to get from screen too screen it laggging to hell and thats with about 10% of the mobs up and running with a 1.5 gig cpu and 512meg ram and no client it was 15 mins before i had the 32000 mobs on all maps up and 20 ppl on line it a bit laggy but if i used the client on the same comp it crashed all the time
oh yaeh 2.9b are crap use 2.2 and play about with then

why dont you get your client up to date from a good server and then up your server to them

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
IamDeath - how do you know his specs?
Lets set the record straight here for specs of server - i have ran the server on the following setup's :

P3-550Mhz with 1 Gig ram - ran fine but slow
Duron 1.1 Ghz with 512mb ram - ran but got lots of DB Wait errors
Dual P3-933mhz with 1 gig ram - ran a live server with this - no issues until my spawns were so large it slowed down the mobs - but the server ran fine.

All the above config were run on windows 2000 Server with SQL 2000 Enterprise - i have another machine that i use for client running....

Upvote 0

iamdeath

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
are dem he's running client and server on the same comp >.< and i have got lots of server up and running for the last 18 munths and thats all the good 1 we have here so i know what im doin >.<

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
lol np - just wondering how you knew as i never seen him mnetion it in his post thats all - not diss'ing ya :)

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I got a 2gig athlon with 750mb ram and without altering the spawns at all from the standard 2.9 file set up, I can load both the server and the client on one PC although it is a little laggy. I am not attempting to run the server live as I am playing on Camelot/LS server, just using it to play with. But it just shows that you can run both on the same PC and it does not crash.

Upvote 0

Kick

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2003
Well i got 2.2 ghz processor and 700and something ddr ram and i deleted all the spawns all the npcs and all the guards etc so i'm pretty much stuck >_<

I just reformatted my pc in the hope it will actually work this time but i dont expect any changes:-/

Could someone link me to the 2.2 server files please hopefully they'll provide more results :)

Upvote 0

Kick

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2003
Woohoo!
It works, i downloaded the 1gb ei client off someones siggy when before i was using what must have been an age old client version.

Well i'm sure i'll have problems in the future but i seem to be ok for now.

Thanks very much for all your help :)

Upvote 0