BlueNova 2.3 Online 24/7.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Well, gathering feedback atm, thecurrent population seems not to be in favour of a wipe.

Im thinking along the lines of redoing exp. Not changing exp needed, rather increasing exp across the board. Also converting the items into a proper structured layout ie having sets every 4/5 levels, 'Normal' 'Rare' and 'Epic' with increased stats.

Also adding acc/agil, PA etc. This also means that I can A) up mob strength and B) reduce level caps to give you alot more freedom.

If I do this server will be relaunched without a wipe, but all current items will fall into the 'Levelling' items category (And fox/greatfox ''Rare'') but levels will stay.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I can understand wot you are saying and ur concern to keep current ppl happy.But if you really intent to change server then i dont see the point of this decision.A fresh start would attract more ppl and obv make the current players happy cause server would be more fun.

Obvious that would be good if you more or less change everything.If you just change stats/exp a bit then it would be same server and i doubt nething will actually change.

Imo that sort of solutions usually fail.Even for FH i dont think that the whole "update" thing will actually make FH last for over a month before usercount drops again to 50 or wotever it was.

No offence but hotfixes like that usually fk up server instead of fixing it.Imo you either keep the server as it is with the usercount 10 it has or you make a new one hoping to attact 50 ppl instead of making a hotfix that will just get usercount to 18 for 3days and then back to 10.

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
This way its the best of both worlds. I would take the server down for a couple days and totally relaunch it under a fresh name. However current players wont be pished off due to losing their stuff (And tbh, I like to take into account the players that have remained over @potential@ players)

What im talking about wont be a 'bit' itll be a TOTAL server overhaul. Itll be faster for me this time as I know how to do things, it will just be well structured, and ill fix the exp so its going to take less time to reach 80 and beyond. Ill need to change exps, mob strength, item stats, balance agil on bosses correctly.

The only difference will be people wont lose their chars, as I say, items people have will be the 'levelling' items (So you can see the extent of stat changes im talking about here) and a couple of low level rares, plus the heaven and OKS robes.

I get what youre saying as well, but I dont want to let the people that are staying down by wiping it.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Gl.Will give it a shot.Take a look on my suggestions(like exp pots for like 15mins etc).Might help you.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
My only problem is levelling... it's boring as **** solo.

lower caves which are easy to kill give low exp, like 300.

Higher caves but within my level (53) give a nice 3000 EXP, but as a warrior I can't take large groups, any more than 4 woomas I'm potting like mad, thus making levelling much slower.

Other than that, so far seems a decent server.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Try to make as many changes as possible and relaunch it.If 10-20 ppl keep their lvl which will be a lot easier to reach neway and some items which would be considered lvling items(common) just to have an advantage for being loyal to u then fair enouf.Just make it a high rate really

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
I understand what mit is saying, BUT, you will be serving the 'get everything in 3 weeks' crowd then on to the next server. There are lots of people who are patiently waiting for a low/med rate somewhere that is going to stick around. HR = fail in 6 weeks tops, I really don't see the interest or fascination in getting all skills, getting 500 dc/mc/sc and getting it all in 2 weeks. Let me guess.. 'it's for the pvp', lmao, pvp in mir has always been about computer speed and ping, there is a small amount of skill too, but that gets negated on high rates anyways with the 500+ stat gubbins. I think HR have probably killed mir servers for them to be successful in the long term. Nobody is bothered to grind any longer, everyone wants it all right now, then will moan and ***** about how they are so bored after 2 weeks.

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Updated first post with more info. A MAJOR update is coming soon (Major as in adding like upwards of 100 items)

BuzzBee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010
dont event know y u bother thinkin about re-doing server....all u need to do is actually advertise it properly and change a few things....simple as that imo

kelvin09

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 13, 2008
like somebody put up there, just add exp pots to the game or tokens that drop so u can go into a designated leveling area. i think that the exp rate is just right on here, people are still doing levels easy enough and nobody is really pulling away

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Item import is complete. I had to rewind to midday today so server is up with x2 exp till 9.

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Server will be closed for maintenance, I aim to have it back up tommorow eve. Please see thread in General chat re the relaunch.