Bring Back MirReborn ?

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
Hi, as some of you know im working on a server using Primal Files. And few days back i got my hands on MirReborns files and DB.
I was going to use some of the stuff from them and add it onto my server. But after thinking more about it, i feel putting MirReborn up would be a better way to go.
As it has alot of content, and seems pretty decent. And my upcoming server thread has had like 200 hits, and the MirReborn has like 4.5k. So what are your thoughts on this ?

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Look at when you started your thread and look at mir reborns. The thread has been there for a while now so don't compare the two lol. I think it's probably best to leave mir reborn dead in the water, it's not had a very good past but you could use some of the stuff on your server. That is my opinion.

h

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
Make your own server ?

I am, but if MirReborn would get more players then why wouldnt i use it ?

@Hustler Ye i noticed it has a bad rep, but i think it was the owner most of the people hated not the server.

Im not sure what to do >.<

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
If you are willing to make a lot of changes in the files so we know that your not just some lazy person who got the serverfiles, sticks them up and goes down in a week. I'd say go for it.

h

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Get them online.Dont change nething.After all it supposed to be rdy for launch more or less.Worst case scenario that way would be to be **** files.

Dont change those files in any way cause its possible you will ruin em.

Just get em online and listen to ppl's feedback for necessary changes/updates.

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Yeah that's what i meant lol, what this guy said. Just expect to make updates and changes when nescessary.

h

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Yeh just stick them up as you get them, interested to see how well this is balanced, seeing as he took months to get it "ready".

/Nymph

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
I have played around on the server, only things ive spotted that are wrong is a few stats, spells, and some scripts. I dont just wana copy his work, and take the credit. Im gna try transfer it over to primal files, and work from there. If anyone wants to help me transfer let me know :P

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
So you asked to get those files,you got em given but u wont get em on?

Seriously how stupid is that?I have no fking idea if these files are good or crap but last time i read you were trying to make a euro clone so deffo they are better than yours.

Who gives a sht who will get credit for some files?There is huge lack of servers so ppl that might play it dont give a flying fk about who made em as long as they are good ish.

Wont even comment on YOU trying to transfer em to primal files when you clearly have no idea how those files work or if its close to doable.

Im sick of attention seekers.Either launch a server or just stop posting crap about upcoming ones that NEVER go online.Prove me wrong

Edit:"only things ive spotted that are wrong is a few stats, spells, and some scripts" LMAO.Wtf is working properly in your opinion then???Hens having correct wav?

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
Im looking at my options before jumping into anything, whats the point in putting a 2.3 server online, if Primal files will be better in no time. Giving me more options, and other content.

However

Im gna finish up MirReborn, and get it online asap. Will look into hosting costs tomorrow.

Viper

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2007
Newcastle
whats with this 'mir reborn' server lol. whats the fascination with it?

ever since some1 said about it 3years ago it always fails and never lasts more than a month.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Im looking at my options before jumping into anything, whats the point in putting a 2.3 server online, if Primal files will be better in no time. Giving me more options, and other content.

However

Im gna finish up MirReborn, and get it online asap. Will look into hosting costs tomorrow.

Who said primal files will be better?And in no time?God knows how many months it will take the guy that codes em to have em bug free.Just because they look promising doesnt mean these files wont fail

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
I have thought this myself, and after speaking with a couple of people. Have noticed not many files do ever get finished and released to the public. I do think Badboy will finish them and will be keeping a eye on them. Have looked at costing, and it aint to bad. I aint working at the moment, so will have to try sort something out.

Will be trying to get the server online, and have a couple people come on and help me out.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
let the server die in peace,i mean wow this server going online been dragin on for what over 3 months?

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
I will be putting MirReborn up as it always seems to get players. Yes im fully aware of it troubled past. But its under new management now, so we wont have any problems.

I aint just going to copy his work and put it up, im working on adding few more single items, a few more quests, and couple of features i wana try get working.

Having these files has given me alot of help, as nearly everything is done, and i can learn from everything that is here.

Im hoping to get server into live in under 3 weeks. I have to try save the money for dedi, and get every thing shop shape before launch.

Hope to see you all ingame :)

A tribute to the real mir! Long live the Three Heroes!

Status
Not open for further replies.