Can u run mir 3 In dual boot mode

eddy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 10, 2004
As title says can u run a server in dual boot mode eg have vista/ windows 7 install then in stall xp and run server on the xp side. ???

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
so if i understand it right u ask if it is possible if i have installed 2 OS like XP and win7....install mir server on xp and let it run.

than yes in the moment you have the choose screen where you can choose the os xp or 7 and you take xp than you work on a normal xp screen so all what xp can and accept is possible also to run a mir server on it.

But you can only ever run the mir server on xp if you start with xp and not with win7.

i have that system on laptop with win2k and win2k3(server edition) and it work

the only problem with your example can be the bit rate run the pc on 32 bit or 64 bit system (i am not sure how mir3 server fits with 64 bits systems as i remember i had read here some postings with trouble

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Mir3 Server like CD and King use MemoryWrite and MemoryRead Functions (for the Hooking DLLs) in 32bit Lib way. In 64bit the way you call most of the Kernel function is changed (using Pointer).
Normal you can't get runnig the Server under 64bit, if you get then you have later problems.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
King will work on any os and on 64bit, I've tested it.

CD has issues but does work on 64bit as long as you use the right ODBC.