CD issue.

mapadale

I'm not 100% sure if anyone will beable to help, as the files we are using no one has used before. Well not in europe as far as I'm aware.

We currently are having a problem with the CD.INI.

I'll tell you whats happened - We got the files back in september and did nothing with them as they where packed and required a serial key once they where unpacked. We finnaly got all that sorted and had the server running untill a couple of days ago.

The issue we are having is running CD, now the issue we have is that it loads up but we get start timer exception and 127.0.0.1 not ready.

The problem we think is summat to do with the CD.INI

All our IP's are set to 127.0.0.1 for offline use and so was the CD.INI, but a couple of days ago we started to get the SQL - CD error when the CD.INI cant connect to SQL now we checked this and changed the IP from 127.0.0.1 to (local) this then started up the CD, but thats now giving us the 127.0.0.1 not ready. We have been through everything including the !setup.txt and can't seem to find where this issue lies.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Wether it be just advise or being able to figure out the fault we have, we are currently stuck at a loose end untill we get this fixed.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm just wondering if it would have anything to do with our translation, but I can't see this being that ether. As the server files was translated by one of our devleopers, who happens to be korean.

That might be your issue then.. Having a Korean translating Chinese files can't be good lol.

I'm assuming for the fact your files use CD.ini that you are using one of the new holleys (Well not exactly new lol) probably 5.02?

Tried reinstalling SQL? And give the SQL Server install a name which means instead of (local) or 127.0.0.1 you use ComputerName\ServerName (i.e SERVERPC\MIR3)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mapadale

That might be your issue then.. Having a Korean translating Chinese files can't be good lol.

I'm assuming for the fact your files use CD.ini that you are using one of the new holleys (Well not exactly new lol) probably 5.02?

Tried reinstalling SQL? And give the SQL Server install a name which means instead of (local) or 127.0.0.1 you use ComputerName\ServerName (i.e SERVERPC\MIR3)
His chinese is way better than mine. lol

I'll try that once I get in.

Yes its 5.02 but labbled as 3.68 for some reason.

Cheers Milo.

Upvote 0

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
His chinese is way better than mine. lol

I'll try that once I get in.

Yes its 5.02 but labbled as 3.68 for some reason.

Cheers Milo.

My knowledge of 5.02 is pretty limited (Not a big fan of Holley) but I'm fairly certain it doesn't contain very much new stuff am I right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mapadale

My knowledge of 5.02 is pretty limited (Not a big fan of Holley) but I'm fairly certain it doesn't contain very much new stuff am I right?
We haven't really had much time to look through the files as of yet so not to sure of what is new and what isn't.

We've been concentrating on geting them up and working first, which has been a bit of a stuggle. As most of the emulators where hardware codded, so this hasn't helped much.

The CD database we haven't transgressed across yet, as we want to get this fully translated first and then add them to our current one.

We have seen some of the new mobs in the files which look pritty impresive on JPG and also the armour horse looks a lot better in these files.

We hope that once we get everything fully working, that it will only be a couple of month before we start showing the images. The problem that I have been led to belive though is we don't have the current .wil for these so we next need to source these out.

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh i was on a chinse side and saw screens from 4.1 and 5.01 and if i remeber right both had the new spells inside ( cloning char ) and more armorglows.

Upvote 0

mapadale

Matt, why go through all that effort if you dont even know if the files are any good?
Its the thril of finding out.

Look at you guys with Hero, I bet you get such a buzz when you get things working and thats how it is with us.

Its annoying when it doesn't work, but its an even bigger buzz when we do and thats what keeps us going.

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
lol i know that feelings thats why i starting to play with 1.9 files/2.3 files after nearly all is running on my 3.38 its fine for me and i need another beetmeup fight hehe (sure i work also or the 5.02 lol well first of all i wanna have the 2.3 running than i look futhermore what i will do *hihii

Upvote 0

mapadale

lol i know that feelings thats why i starting to play with 1.9 files/2.3 files after nearly all is running on my 3.38 its fine for me and i need another beetmeup fight hehe (sure i work also or the 5.02 lol well first of all i wanna have the 2.3 running than i look futhermore what i will do *hihii
Well I fist got into mir through mir2 1.4 and progressed from there, it was at this point that I joined xtreme and started to take an intrest in mir3 3.38 and then from there its been a great feeling when we have had things working and the scripts that ive created myself. Which also goes to xtreme for that understanding of them.

Its just so thrilling and such a buzz seeing things work.

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
yeah xtrems npc section is rly a GO! and a MUST HAVE for ppl that starting therefor i have to thx also be sure :) anyways i wish u good luck now after u get that prob out of ur eyes :)

Upvote 0

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Its the thril of finding out.

Look at you guys with Hero, I bet you get such a buzz when you get things working and thats how it is with us.

Its annoying when it doesn't work, but its an even bigger buzz when we do and thats what keeps us going.

90% of the time we know what the files contain before we spend the time getting them to work. With some files I've spent more time finding out what they have than actually getting them working lol

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
that say no other as its for u more thrill to find out what it do and not how it work maybe thats boring for u cause u know it in full ways lol for me im happy if i can find out how it work before i starting to think about what i can find out over a set of files m8 *hihihihihi

Upvote 0

mapadale

yeah xtrems npc section is rly a GO! and a MUST HAVE for ppl that starting therefor i have to thx also be sure :) anyways i wish u good luck now after u get that prob out of ur eyes :)
Its great.

When im at work, all i do is surf chinese websites looking for stuff.

@Milo Thats what we like, we don't care what they contain. We like the thrill of making them work.

Thats one of the reasons why I looked into hacking .exe's and removing keys from them and also these files amaze me on how much you can do with them. Especially now with the level cap removed, there is so much you can do with them its endless. This is what pisses me off about servers that come and go and thats why in a way im ashamed of my server closing in the first place.

But this has givern us the oppertunity to try summat new and hopefully keep the mir community living despite the idiot official servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
lol that was why i ask for ur server files but dont be scared i dont do it again lol
but yeah i was also looking on the chinese pages to find a new thrill lol the prob is only that i had a hard work accident and loose a part of my right middlefinger and my wife cant work cause she have cancer ( didnt know if its the right word in german it calls "Krebs" ) so at present i havent the money to spend for server files but hey 1.9 and 2.3 is also a nice go for thrill if u didnt done them before hihihihi

Upvote 0