champions league 09/10

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Thing is, Barca will come out all guns blazing... But if there's on game Jose is good at, that's parking a bus in front of goal and keeping clean sheets.

+1.

I think Inter have this one, Barca are gonna fight til the last minute but i think inter can hold them, Jose is one of the best if not the best manager in world, he isnt stupid enough to let this one slip.

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
i can see barca wining 4-0 there just come out with it all like they did t gunners

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Arsenal were attacking back, nowhere near all defence, they were taking turns on the ball. Which is a stupid way to play barcelona but Arsene Wenger is far to arrogant to back down and change his gameplan for any team. I think Inter will progress to, but like I said, what a game it going to be lol, cant wait.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Barça has fought till the end, as Sanity said...but Inter defended very well.

I bet Inter will win against Bayer.

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
that barca match was a joke, i think inter got lucky and didnt deserve to get through that round, one of the most boring and badly officiated matches i have ever watched. Bad decision to give inter a red card which prompted 9 man defence + a keeper, zzzzz

oh and then deny a perfectly viable penalty,(then bojan misses his header), disallow a goal on the basis of handball (nowhere near as obvious as the thierry henry handball), it shouldn't have been disallowed.. end of rant lol especially as a Stoke fan, im so fed up of referees in this game they are ruining our great sport
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb5Igo2LvNs - i remember this match taggart got a warning for what he did then a yellow apparently for dissent while he was getting his warning, either way only got a yellow for it, i want more refs like that instead of what we have springing up all over place now for example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbnMrzd5nnE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrK2OlQS_MI (this happened yesterday with the lyon byern game, player slid and cleanly won the ball but the momentum sent the other guy over, the slider got a yellow for the challenge followed by a second yellow for clapping, all when he won the ball cleanly and not dangerously)

and finally http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQx2_KQVkpI

anyways rant over :)

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
The better team over 2 legs went through at the end of the day.

Barca looked poor in both legs in my opinion. The game was there for the taking yesterday but they just didn't test Inter enough.

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
tbh was disapointed inter didnt move from the last 3rd at all wasnt a football match. but guess inter did wht they wnted to put every 1 in there box n hold of the best atking team in the world

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
The better team over 2 legs went through at the end of the day.

Barca looked poor in both legs in my opinion. The game was there for the taking yesterday but they just didn't test Inter enough.

mayb inter was best team over 2 legs. i missed most of the 1st leg but inter t win barca 3-1 they really must of been poor(like man u)
but last night the game was all barca's atk afta atk wave afta wav inter could move outta there box

@Hastelloy

pedro's goal should of easyly stud ref was a total muppit.
keita was bking of ball was wacked at him no way he could of got outta the way

n barca was atkin in waves afta wave would of beat inter in extra time. inter would of had t atk.
if barca scored n think barca would of easyly got 2 in extra time n kill them of.

but it didnt wrk tht way

as of lyon was poor didnt even look like they wntd t win last 4 of champions league n they play how they did all of them staff coach team should be ashamed

Last edited:

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
that barca match was a joke, i think inter got lucky and didnt deserve to get through that round, one of the most boring and badly officiated matches i have ever watched. Bad decision to give inter a red card which prompted 9 man defence + a keeper, zzzzz

oh and then deny a perfectly viable penalty,(then bojan misses his header), disallow a goal on the basis of handball (nowhere near as obvious as the thierry henry handball), it shouldn't have been disallowed.. end of rant lol especially as a Stoke fan, im so fed up of referees in this game they are ruining our great sport
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb5Igo2LvNs - i remember this match taggart got a warning for what he did then a yellow apparently for dissent while he was getting his warning, either way only got a yellow for it, i want more refs like that instead of what we have springing up all over place now for example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbnMrzd5nnE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrK2OlQS_MI (this happened yesterday with the lyon byern game, player slid and cleanly won the ball but the momentum sent the other guy over, the slider got a yellow for the challenge followed by a second yellow for clapping, all when he won the ball cleanly and not dangerously)

and finally http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQx2_KQVkpI

anyways rant over :)

GOOD, barca are ****ing cheating ****s, they dive everytime they get tackled, everytime they got in the box yesterday they wanted a penalty, the red card was NOT a sending off, and last year Vs Chelsea , Chelsea shud had 4 penalties (2 DEFINATE's) , what goes around comes around.

ALL HAIL JOSEEEEE!

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
mayb inter was best team over 2 legs. i missed most of the 1st leg but inter t win barca 3-1 they really must of been poor(like man u)
but last night the game was all barca's atk afta atk wave afta wav inter could move outta there box

@Hastelloy

pedro's goal should of easyly stud ref was a total muppit.
keita was bking of ball was wacked at him no way he could of got outta the way

n barca was atkin in waves afta wave would of beat inter in extra time. inter would of had t atk.
if barca scored n think barca would of easyly got 2 in extra time n kill them of.

but it didnt wrk tht way

as of lyon was poor didnt even look like they wntd t win last 4 of champions league n they play how they did all of them staff coach team should be ashamed

Against a solid team that can defend well Barca struggle. They have no height and if they can't use their pace and skill to get in behind teams then they often seem unable to scrap for goals like United or Chelsea might.

Thats 3 semi finals now in the past 3 years where Barca have struggled against a solid defense (they should have gone out last year to Chelsea).

Don't get me wrong, I still think they are the best in the world, but they have their weaknesses and Mourihno exposed them just as Fergie did a few years back. The worst thing a team can do is try and outplay them like Arsenal or Utd last year, especially with 10 men.

And it was handball. Deliberate or not.

Oh and maybe remember to who Lyon knocked out in the group stages before claiming they they didn't want to win.

Last edited:

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
Against a solid team that can defend well Barca struggle. They have no height and if they can't use their pace and skill to get in behind teams then they often seem unable to scrap for goals like United or Chelsea might.

Thats 3 semi finals now in the past 3 years where Barca have struggled against a solid defense (they should have gone out last year to Chelsea).

Don't get me wrong, I still think they are the best in the world, but they have their weaknesses and Mourihno exposed them just as Fergie did a few years back. The worst thing a team can do is try and outplay them like Arsenal or Utd last year, especially with 10 men.

And it was handball. Deliberate or not.

Oh and maybe remember to who Lyon knocked out in the group stages before claiming they they didn't want to win.

madrid aint nothing special they buy buy buy n cnt play tgether.

unlike barca they all mreless grow up together.

lyon did play well when they playd madrid. but other night was crap

ye last night they made a mistake taking zlaten of mayb bring on
henry on but its over nw

hope we win madrid tnight t get to final.
but with no strikers (apart from babel) gonna be touch

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Na ull be alrite , Atletico have a very poor away record in la liga, like rly almost relegation standard.

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
I'd have

Reina

Johnson - Carragher - Agger - Aurelio

Mascherano Aquilani Lucas

Benayoun Gerrard

Babel

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
I'd have

Reina

Johnson - Carragher - Agger - Aurelio

Mascherano Aquilani Lucas

Benayoun Gerrard

Babel

well were out couldnt beleave rafa took of aquilani 4 el zar or w.e piss take

Last edited:

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Babel just isnt happy and doesnt get a propper chance imo, Birmingham (who tried to sign him) would of been perfect for him.

I really thought you'd would beat them, people llike El zahar, Degen, Ngog and so on, simply just aren't good enough, you need to spend and spend BIG this summer otherwise Man City will take your fourth spot.

On the other hand, ROCK ON FULHAM !!! = )