Code 10k

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
Does anyone know how to edit the server files so ppl don't get this error and help or ideas will be very helpfull

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
You can't it means your very laggy, e.g server host is downloadng / doing stuff that lags the server or the player is on a very crap pc

ashcom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 24, 2003
Blaminator said:
You can't it means your very laggy, e.g server host is downloadng / doing stuff that lags the server or the player is on a very crap pc

thats not always the case Blam, few people on my server have had the same error code as did many people on euro mir, the fix posted in the Help section of euro mir forums worked for all the people that had the 10k error, the short version of the fix is... Go into your BIOS and disable Spread Spectum, dont ask me where it is as in different BIOS's its in different places, but as ive said that normaly does the trick, for full fix and why that error occurs check the Help section of the Legend of Mir Forums out

http://forum.legendofmir.net/index.php?s=

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
Well his comp ain't old its pretty new, its nothing to do with the host downloading as im the host, he can't edit his spread spectrum in the bios because his settings don't allow it. so can't i hex it out or something?

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
well its part of the program and everyother aspect of it can be changed, so any ideas where to start looking?

ashcom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 24, 2003
errrrrrrrrrrmmm ? read up ive just told you how to fix it, and it does work

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
GilgaMesh said:
Well his comp ain't old its pretty new, its nothing to do with the host downloading as im the host, he can't edit his spread spectrum in the bios because his settings don't allow it. so can't i hex it out or something?
and that was my reply

Patchy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 29, 2003
GilgaMesh said:
his motherboard is an asus on a sony vaio, with a nforce chipset
its due to the nforce2 chipset, i think u have to lower the fsb in the bios for it to work .. or so i was told .. but whats the point in buying a good mobo if u cant use it to its capacity :p