Computer Still Keeps Shutting Off =/

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
After solving my previous problem with reinstalling windows, well atleast i thought i had solved it.

The problem has persisted, My computer keeps shutting down after a while of use and i'm stumped to what it could be.

This is what iv checked that its not;

1. Speedfan is showing reasonable temps, nothing which would shut my computer down.
2. Tried using onboard graphics card and my computer still shut down, just checking if it was my graphics card to be honest.
3. I have a new power suply i have purcahsed since the problem started, so i know its not the power supply as the problem has carried on.
4. Reinstalled windows, but the problem doesn't seem to occure intil a few days after iv installed windows.
5. Tempted to believe it was my sound drivers, as when my computer shuts down it replays the same sound loads, then cuts off and restarting.
6. Used both my onboard sound and sound card i have, and the problem still persists.

Basically, i have no idea what the problem could be.

To be exact, my computer freezes for a second or two max, then shuts down and restarts on its own.

Any help or point in any direction would help, as i'm completly stumped as to what it could be.

/Ash

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
Just out of curiosity, dos it mostly happen when gaming? my "PC" (which is my data server is used to play 1 game, it always did what yours is doing when I switched anisotropic filtering on.

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Open it up and check that the capacitors on the mobo aint bulging, also run memtest on it.

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
The sound lag just before it crashes doesn't necessarily mean its anything to with your audio hardware/drivers. I would also try another application that can check the temps just to verify the result that speedfan gave.

Also recommend doing a memtest like Dataforce suggested, i had a major problem for about a week or so and i a memtest and it indicated that one of my RAM modules had crapped out.

Also post your computer specs if the problem persists.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
1. I do format befor i reinstall windows.
2. Computer does seem to crash more when playing games, but its only MIR.
3. Will do a MEM test.
4. Computer is really random, it hasn't done it for almost a full week. Now today i started PC up, and it did it straight away at boot up. Now its doing it inside MIR again after a while.

BSOD today saying about 'Driver_Less_Or_Not_Equal' something like that.

/Ash

mapadale

1. I do format befor i reinstall windows.
2. Computer does seem to crash more when playing games, but its only MIR.
3. Will do a MEM test.
4. Computer is really random, it hasn't done it for almost a full week. Now today i started PC up, and it did it straight away at boot up. Now its doing it inside MIR again after a while.

BSOD today saying about 'Driver_Less_Or_Not_Equal' something like that.

/Ash
Get the mem test done asap as usually the less or not equal relates to memory.

RedDragonX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 5, 2005
Yeah i think a memtest is your best option atm, though even my computer sometimes randomly restarts when booting up =(