Connection lost

gameraj

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 3, 2003
Hey ppl,

ok heres my prob. Im trying 2 connect to a server but wen i enter the ip (its the correct ip cos the host sent me the ini). I dunno wats wrong but i have tried with different ips aswell.

It only seems 2 b ips that start with 8 that i cant connect 2. When the ip starts with a 2 i can get on ok. Ne 1 no wats rong?

PLZ HELP MEEEEE

ty in advance

Ps i dunno if this right section soz if its not ><

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Your Simplest way to test this, open up a DOS box and type in:

PING <put ip here> and see if that comes back with something.

If you can ping it, then the host has probably got something set up wrong, if you cannot ping it, the IP is wrong, he is blocking PINGS on his router etc...

Ask the Host if anybody else can connect for example - not him as he is local to his box....

Upvote 0

gameraj

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 3, 2003
Yea other ppl can connect ok its just me lol ><. Cud it b A firewall or sumthin? if so can ne 1 tell me how 2 disable a firewall. ill try that dos thingy and c wat happens

EDIT:Right ok i did that Ping thing and i got PAckets sent :4 Recieved :0 lost:4 (100%loss)

Ne idea wat this means cos i have no idea. lol im a bit of a n00b

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Firewalls - its possible on most to add a IP to allow through, go through the setting and add this IP. If the firewall you have is blocking it, then PING wont work either....

Do not revert to disabling your firewall - its there for a reason !!!

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
As my Crystal Ball is in the Shop for Repair, i have no idea what firewall you have !!!!

Windows XP Sp2 one?
ZoneAlarm?
MacAfee Firewall?
A LONG list of possible others... lol

Upvote 0

gameraj

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 3, 2003
lol >< well i have norton anti virus not sure if it has a firewall.

And im on Windows SP1

Upvote 0

gameraj

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 3, 2003
I was but im not ne more lol did it cause something to go rong or sumthin lol?

Upvote 0

ne0sbabe

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2004
Hull
Nah its fine dont worry about it :) But regarding the firewall settings when our ip begins with 213 he can get on fine but when its 83. he cant for some reason and yeah others get on server no probs>

Upvote 0