Counter-Strike : Global Offensive

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Well Being an old Counter-Strike 1.6 player I thought I'd buy CS:GO for roughly £10, after first playing I didn't really like it but now I'm used to it and it's not all that bad.

The only thing I'm disappointed with so far is I used to love playing in competitive leagues in these sort of games with clans and I can't really find any ACTIVE leagues.

Graphics are great, The new way of searching for games is great too, with the ranking system although that could be improved.

Good to still have old puzzle maps like surf ones as well.

Anyone else any thoughts?

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
Yo im an old cs 1.6 player too. played in ED ladders and what not. was looking into trying out global offensive. But like yourself. I cant find any active leagues or clans recruiting. ill pm u later but im definately up for getting back into a FPS. May even dabble on BF4 for PC. Not sure

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I play CS:GO quite a lot and just climb the ladder/ go on surf maps for boredom.

Sounds like you 2 could do with joining up to ESEA and playing in their leagues, it's where the more competitive people go.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Formatted my computer since making this thread and don't have CS:GO anymore, although I will re-install to get a game with you guys.

I had never heard of ESEA but it seems to be where the CS community has moved to so thanks for the info Koriban mate.

Now the question is are you guys any good ha

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I'm only Prestiged AK Rank, so I'm not exactly amazing, but still better than 70% of the playerbase of CS:GO lol.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
I'm only Prestiged AK Rank, so I'm not exactly amazing, but still better than 70% of the playerbase of CS:GO lol.

I can't remember my ranking or anything but I was pretty low due to low game play time, that can be soon changed though.

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
not played since 2010..... but I need to try this lol. back then I was pretty shithot on 1.6 / cz

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
BUMP.

Well..... since this post I've got back into Counter-Strike, any old Counter-Strike players I'd highly recommend Global Offensive.

Currently in a team competing in ESL Open, ESL Premiership UK Quals, GFINITY, and Insomnia55 this year as well!

My rank is usually global or supreme.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
BUMP.

Well..... since this post I've got back into Counter-Strike, any old Counter-Strike players I'd highly recommend Global Offensive.

Currently in a team competing in ESL Open, ESL Premiership UK Quals, GFINITY, and Insomnia55 this year as well!

My rank is usually global or supreme.

:P Fair play, CS:GO broke 1,000,000 viewers on twitch a few months back maybe a bit longer. Would like to play with you but i'm not even close to Global so i'd just get **** on lol.

When ever your playing LAN though hit me up with a stream :)

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
:P Fair play, CS:GO broke 1,000,000 viewers on twitch a few months back maybe a bit longer. Would like to play with you but i'm not even close to Global so i'd just get **** on lol.

When ever your playing LAN though hit me up with a stream :)

Aye Counter-Strike is back with a bang for sure. I've got a smurf account, although I just need to get to private rank 3 to play MM because of the new update. But if you give me your steam link I'll add you and I can get some games with you sometimes.

Already decided about streaming at LAN, it's great idea, especially because my upload speed is **** at home!