Creating a GM

Tass

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
Ok Server is running fine.

However when I add my character name into the admin.txt file GM commands ingame do not work.

I do believe the character is a GM as it displays the monster spawn rate, and the gold rate etc etc like it should when being a GM.

However none of the GM commands work for example,

@level 40 does nothing

Any help appreciated as allways, Thanks

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
There ia a thred in this very Section which is Sticky and made by me:
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=28646

On there it states:
Q. I cannot use any GM Commands in game
A. There is a Line in the CruielDragon.INI, Search for GM and it should read =0, if it reads =1 then NOBODY can use any GM commands period.
You also need ot make sure you add your CHAR Name to adminlist.txt with * <Charname> for Full GM or + <Charname for Admin (not all gms commands)

I am presenting the information people need, I am making it sticky yet STILL people are aksing the same old Question - WHY ???

Upvote 0

Bick

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 9, 2006
make sure ÆÁ±ÎËùÓÐGMÃüÁî is 0 in the CD.NI
and btw its @chglevel 40 if i remember rightly

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
No the command you are after is:

@ChangeLevel <charname> <level>

Its Not in the STRRES its hardcoded into the server as i asked for it to be placed in there !!!

Upvote 0

Tass

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
I mean i cannot spawn items or mobs, the only commands i can do is @changelevel and @move

Unless @mob <mob name>
And @item <item name>

are not the commands =X

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
@make Name Qty

@mob Name Qty - should work though, there is a complete list of GM commands in this forum.

Are you sure you have put a * in front of your GM name in the Admin file, if you put a + you only get restricted GM commands (not sure what they are supposed to be as I never got ANY commands to work using a + although I didn't test it that much).

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
This thread is plain Stupid to be honest ....

\setup\StrRes3G.txt
This hold the majority of the commands for players, GM's & text to display in game. It allows the Server host to define what word to use for what command, I am sure I have posted mine LOTS of times but Hell even translating a Chinese one is not rocket Science.

As per your Examples:
STR_ADMINCMD_MONGEN:mob
STR_ADMINCMD_MAKEITEM:MAKE

Next we have the ENVIR\AdminList.txt
Quite simple in here goes the CHARS not the Account:

* Demonic
* TestWar
* TestWiz
* TestTao

In the root folder is : CruelDragon3G.INI

open this in Notepad and seach for this line:
ÆÁ±ÎËùÓÐGMÃüÁî=0

If its =0 that means Allow GM Commands, =1 means NO GM Commands work.

Of course your Database (again posted mine HOW Many times??) you have Items & Mobs in English.

You log into the game and type:

@make ParalysisRing
@mob Oma

What *should* happen is that in your bag you now have the said ring and in front of you will be a Oma. If this Still does not work, then you have the WRONG files and I would suggest NOT running a Live Server ever if this Stumps you..

**NOTE **
Sorry for sounding Annoyed but its not uber hard to get GM working...

Upvote 0

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
i wish I had your patience demonic, I don't spell it out for players, I just post where to look and hope they figure it out :P.
Kudos to demonic - patience of a saint!

Upvote 0

Tass

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
yeh sorry but all that was wrong was the Stres3G file being untranslated thanks for all ya help

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Woot now I can go back to be normal - next Question please :)

And dont worry too much about it tass - you'll get used to my Excentric Style of helping people eventually lol..

Upvote 0