Disturbed 1.9 is now absolete

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Re: Disturbed (Foundation v2) - Full client now available.

ENOZEGAR said:
thats a very clever assumption but wrong, and i read all the topics using link.

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/search.php?do=getnew

Anyhoo, the reason the other server is there is because i purchased a new server two days ago and the other remains unused, the amusing part is that its a good conspiracy theory but i would go for personally Project69. Reason being is..

Each ddos uses allot of cpu resources, hosts find these out INSTANTLY, now, its not worth risking such a powerful thing over something minimal.

Anyways, any more theorys :P Bring it on!
So you registerring to starlite and disturbed forums just before the attacks on theese two is just all a coincidence?

ENOZEGAR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2006

Im registered to all server forums, its so i can monitor server developements to keep me ahead of the game, its what being a good server owner is all about, you should try it some time.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004

ENOZEGAR said:
Im registered to all server forums, its so i can monitor server developements to keep me ahead of the game, its what being a good server owner is all about, you should try it some time.
Yeah, just before the problems start, and about a week after the server is launched? (longer for Starlite).

Tahriel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 1, 2004

so basically u steal ideas :) some server owner you are

sirchrist

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 23, 2005
Poole Dorset

ENOZEGAR said:

Don't you mean COPY other peoples ideas, and them bring them out on your boring old server..

Coolio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2003
London, England

All i can think of is, What goes around comes around. these things don't just go away.

ENOZEGAR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2006

Flooding for such a lengh of time is expensive and dangeous, i would not risk loosing any root over somthing with a small userbase or low connection, no offense of anything.

Tahriel said:
so basically u steal ideas some server owner you are

I think you find the majority of servers online now where online after ragezone and to which are actually using allot of ragezone client material, now im not here to cause an argument, but in this case ill make an exception, correct your facts before woffling on like a spoilt child :P AND IF YOU LOVE YOUR SERVER THAT MUCH BUY A DEDICATED HOST.

As said in previous posts above, most data centers come equipt with anti ddos protection with special and custom software.

Coolio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2003
London, England

YOU personally wouldn't, but what's stopping you getting someone else to do it.

Tahriel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 1, 2004

i play the server cos its free. if i wanted to pay for mir id go to euro Oo. im not bothered that much about it being down, its a shame yes but i can always go do other things :).

swetty_pat

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 10, 2004

no its not like that he steels them then makes a server then doss other servers so ppl play his tbh mental u need a live and stop stealing ppl ideas coz u cnt think of ur own maybe used ur head and come out of ideas then ppl will play ur sever tbh thats how ppl like servers coz every server got someing diffent maybe 1-2 caves made by the maker something new to other servers tbh

ENOZEGAR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2006

Why would i ask anyone to do my dirty work when if i needed to, i would just do it myself? Besides, as mensioned above, too resourceful and wasteful for my liking.

My last post, but if you do think its me, take a run and jump off a cliff because its the only way you will really get what your looking for.

Tatty byes.
Noob%20varoitus.jpg

Tahriel said:
yeh u do seem to have alot of resources with ur 100 meg connection n all. if ur willing to pay for a 100 meg connection or whatever to host a mir server theres no reason y you wouldnt pay for something like this too

To this question, what you do not understand is when you contract a server they monitor the usage, by conducting ONE little attack or attempted to manifest pings the center knows instantly and closes the account, therefor, this rules that out of the question.

Secondly, rz mir2 is public funded.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004

ENOZEGAR said:
Flooding for such a lengh of time is expensive and dangeous, i would not risk loosing any root over somthing with a small userbase or low connection, no offense of anything.
Why would you use the dedicated servers for that? You could top my connection off easily with a few friends helping, hence my theory of you somehow maybe hiring people or whatever... My opinion wont change, because there are too many coincidences.

Tahriel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 1, 2004

yeh u do seem to have alot of resources with ur 100 meg connection n all. if ur willing to pay for a 100 meg connection or whatever to host a mir server theres no reason y you wouldnt pay for something like this too

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

ENOZEGAR said:
Why would i ask anyone to do my dirty work when if i needed to, i would just do it myself? Besides, as mensioned above, too resourceful and wasteful for my liking.

My last post, but if you do think its me, take a run and jump off a cliff because its the only way you will really get what your looking for.

Tatty byes.
Noob%20varoitus.jpg

Answered your own question :)

Tahriel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 1, 2004

whats up with server? :S

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004

Tahriel said:
whats up with server? :S
Take a wild guess lol.

Coolio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2003
London, England

How long are you keeping server up, Gimp? this looks like the attacking could go on for weeks...

I wonder if any legal action coud be taken... :whathuh:

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004

Coolio said:
How long are you keeping server up, Gimp? this looks like the attacking could go on for weeks...

I wonder if any legal action coud be taken... :whathuh:
The attacking can go on for 2 weeks, or 3 months, i dont care. I'll just be putting server back up online.

Legal action could be taken if i could find out whos doing it (IP).

Coolio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2003
London, England

well then as someone said, get sygate and it will trace the IP, and you can report the ip to the ISP.

i remember that from a few posts/pages back.

http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/whatsnew_spf.htm

Enhanced DoS Protection | This feature can detect and block a wider range of Denial of Service (DoS) attacks.
sounds good to me

Last edited: