DM2 TD Source

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom
Is it true that TD has given up working on them and given his source to two server owners?

This is what I heard he also encrypted the files so no one else can use them.

Shame, If it is true cheers for the work you did and I hope the work can be carried on by whomever the sources were given too.

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
i heard hes havin a break and given sources to echo till he comes bak.....

VirUs

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
yeah he needs a break was talking to him other day on Shen Soma.

/ancient

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
Yeah good luck to TD till he returns.
but in the meantime lets hope that Echo can fill his boots and keep up the good work and release after its been tested .

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
I knew this would happen. Hes gotten bored of it, but is too stubborn to give the source back to everyone.

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
wishfull thinking lol, i doubt it would be leaked but i do hope that the people who do have the source release updates for the files and dont become selfish with the updates - we can but hope.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Not having a dig at TD becuase what he done helped loads of people run as close to offical as possible. what happens when the next set of updated files are released from the chinese now? Every one going to switch back to waiting on the chinese because no updates are coming from td =p

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Was this not ever going to happen? Its bit silly, how you all used TD files, instead of working on your own, as you all fallen into the pickle of work ion your own files, and step back 100 steps. or wait where you are, hoping you get an update?

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom
I still work on my own files, Its just that TD had more updates so running a server using his files makes more sence untill I get my files up to his. Plus mine dont have the crappy caps :)

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
the stat caps arnt crappy. TD was putting them inplace to prevent his files being used on High Rate servers, as he was against them. Fair do's alot of people who make High rates, put kits every 10 levels, add caves for every 10 levels, whack EXP up, DONE! Theres no skill to them. So why should he let his files go to waist on people like that? who just abuse the files.

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
thats the thing though, its about all that heee wants i know they his files, but come on if hes doin public releases he shud at least give the people what they want not just what he wants,
if thats the way its meant to be then, why not just have a starter kit of every good item in game 2bill gold and level -1 honestly, all servers meant to be unique and be able to do on them whatthe owner wants, if they were all the same tbh, its get naff after a while, yeah u can add quests items mobs etc ingame, but when u get ot the point u cant lvl ne mre, well what ya gonna do,

i gave up on his files now as no matter what is done to them its for td no1 else, im bak to using 1.9 coz atleast i can do with them what i want so to speak, may not be as advanced, but hey, rgezone and p69 did it tbh,

VirUs

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom
And the stat cap is crappy, Im not a fan of super high rate servers but the servers are not about the stats and stuff really. Its all about content.

People like high rate because they dont like the grind, If they like the grind they wouldnt be looking to play a private server, Its that simple.

TD made the mistake of trying to reform the mir2 private server scene and Its not as easy as it looks. Even with the caps TD set people still making high rate servers. he also didnt set the caps becuase the caps are already in the files he just never edited them.